Wisconsin, USA

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Lesson 83 ~ Review II

Idea #1:  "My only function is the one God gave me."

Forgiveness is the function God gave me in the world of illusion.  My function in Reality is being His Son.  This recognition releases me from all conflict, because I have one goal:  forgiveness.  With a single purpose, I am always certain what to do, what to say and what to think.  All doubt disappears as I acknowledge the function God gave me.  My perception of what happens in the world of illusion does not change my function.  I need only forgive a world that does not exist.

Idea #2:  "My happiness and my function are one."

All things of God are One. They come from Oneness and must be received as One. I have seemingly divided Oneness into many, many forms, yet this is only fantasy.  My function of forgiveness and my Happiness are the same because they both come from God and everything of God is One.  I must learn to recognize what makes me Happy.  I will never find Lasting Happiness in the world of dreams, no matter what it presents me.  Should I deny the world, leave the warmth of my home and live in a cave in a remote mountain?  I will not banish illusions by running away from them.  I deal with them head-on.  What I "see" is real for me at the moment.  I need not battle the world or its illusions, I must simply forgive and remember my function throughout the day.  I am learning to discipline my mind and make the simple lessons of ACIM habits of mind, so that when something troubles me, or something sparkly catches my eye, I will remember my function of forgiveness which brings the only True and Lasting Happiness.




No comments:

Post a Comment