Wisconsin, USA

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Lesson 69 ~ My grievances blind me to my Self.

When I hold a grievance against anyone or anything, my mind is shrouded in darkness which is then reflected upon the "world."

Today I will make another real attempt to reach the Light in me.  The veil of darkness that hides Reality from me will be lifted and the tears of God's Son will disappear in Light.

Salvation from the world of illusion is my only need.  Forgiveness is the means to accomplish it.  I have no other purpose here in this world.  Learning salvation is my only goal.  Finding the Light in me will end all my ancient and fruitless searching.

Start with eyes closed and try to let go of all the content that generally occupies my consciousness. Think of my mind as a vast circle surrounded by a layer of heavy, dark clouds, with me standing outside the circle among the clouds for now.

From where I stand, I can see no reason to believe there is a Brilliant Light behind these clouds.  The clouds seem to be the only reality. They seem to be all there is to see.  Today I will make an attempt to go through and past the clouds and recognize their lack of substance.

What I am attempting to do today is very important. Think about this. Everything happening in the "world" is a reflection of only what is in my mind.   When I forgive I heal my mind, this healing is reflected in the "world" until the world is no more and I Awaken to Reality.

Settle down in perfect stillness and remember how much I want to reach the Light in me today ~ now!  Be determined to go past the clouds.  Reach out and touch them in my mind.  Brush them aside with my hand; feel them resting on my cheeks, forehead and eyelids as I go through them. Go on. Clouds cannot stop me.

"...I've looked at clouds from both sides now, from up and down, and still somehow it's cloud illusions I recall, I really don't know clouds at all......"  Joni Mitchell, Both Sides Now, from the album Life as a House.  Truth has always been with me even among illusions.

If I am doing the exercises properly, I will begin to feel a sense of being lifted up and carried ahead. My little efforts and small determination call on the Power of Heaven to help me, and God Himself will raise me from darkness into Light.  When I am in line with His Will, I cannot fail, because my will is His.

Have confidence in my Father today and be certain that He has heard and Answered me.  I may not recognize His Answer yet, but I can be certain It is given me.  I will recognize It as I attempt to go through the clouds to Light. Try to remember I am at last joining my will to God's. What I do with the Father must succeed.  Let the Power of God work in me and through me that His Will (which is mine!) be done.

Repeat today's idea throughout the day and remind myself also, that I have the Power of Heaven helping me.  I have hidden Heaven from my mind with judgments and grievances, which has created the world of separation.  Today I want the Light to be revealed to me.  Hold no grievance or judgment against anyone or anything for it hides Reality from my Awareness.  When I heal my mind the "world" is healed along with it, until the world disappears and I return to Awareness of my Father and my Reality as His Son.





No comments:

Post a Comment