Wisconsin, USA

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Lesson 71 ~ Only God's Plan for salvation will work.

Ego (the individual "me" in the dream) has set up a plan for salvation in opposition to God's. That is what I made "ego" for:  to show me a world apart from God.

Ego's plan is all about holding grievances.  It asserts that if someone else spoke or acted differently, if some external situation were changed everything would be perfect in my life and I would be "saved" (from loneliness, sadness, irritation, anger, etc.).  In ego's plan, the source of salvation is constantly perceived as outside myself. Every time I hold a grievance against someone, I reinforce ego's plan.  In ego's plan, change is demanded of everyone and everything except myself.  In ego's plan, any source of salvation is acceptable, provided that it will also fail in the end.

Ego's plan ensures the fruitless search will continue, and although this search has failed, there may still be another one that will work; a different person will be better, or another situation will offer me success.

Such is life in the world of illusion:  seek but do not find.  What could better guarantee that I will NOT find salvation than searching for it where it is not?

Only God's Plan will work.  I must be willing to look for salvation only in God, otherwise my purpose will be divided and I will attempt to follow two plans for salvation that are diametrically opposed in all ways.  The results can bring only confusion, misery and a deep sense of failure and despair.

To Awaken to Reality, only God's Plan for salvation will work.  While I continue to see the world of illusion, I will FORGIVE it.  While I have choices to make, I must ask myself, "is this a choice for Love or a choice for the opposite of Love?"

My salvation (Happiness, Joy, Success, Peace, Serenity, etc) comes from me and only me. There is nothing outside myself.   Nothing outside myself will bring me salvation.

Begin the practice periods by repeating the idea for the day.  Then devote a few minutes with my eyes closed to review some of the external places where I have looked for salvation in the past:  in other people, in possessions, in situations and events, and in ideas about myself that I sought to make Real.  My salvation cannot come from anything of these things, because nothing outside me exists.  My salvation comes from within me and nowhere else.

Remember, I have never found anything in the world of illusion that lasted or that Truly made me Happy.  All illusions have failed me.  Do I want to remain in the world of illusion, searching endlessly for something I will never find here, when I could so easily walk into the Light of Reality?

Be happy that there is an answer to what seems to be a world of conflict with no resolution.  All things are possible with God.  Salvation MUST be mine because God Wills it to be so, and what God Wills cannot possibly fail.

God's Plan for my salvation will work and any other plan will not.  It is as simple as that.  Do not become depressed or angry that the world does not exist.  Every good thing that seems to be out in the world is in my mind, Eternally a part of me and with me Always.

All my plans for salvation via ego have led to depression and anger. God's Plan is a full release from all the insane attempts and crazy ideas I think will bring me happiness or "salvation." God's Plan will lead to Release and Joy.  Ask Him today, "what do You want me to do?" "where do You want me to go?" "what would You have me say and to whom?"  Give it all to God and let Him tell me what needs to be done.

Am I willing to hear Him?  Will I chase some shiny trinket or sparkly hope of happiness in the world of illusion, refusing to hear His Voice?  The very fact that I am doing these exercises proves that I have some willingness to listen.  This is enough to claim God's Gift to me.

Be alert to all temptation to hold grievances, and respond to them with today's idea. Holding grievances is the opposite of God's Plan for salvation.  Only His Plan will work.

Try to remember today's idea some six or seven times an hour. There could be no better way to spend a half a minute or less than to remember the Source of my Happiness and salvation.  There is nothing outside me that will bring me Happiness. All attempts to find It in the world of illusion will fail.

"Only God's Plan for salvation will work."


1 comment: