Wisconsin, USA

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Lesson 65 ~ My only function is the one God gave me.

I am reinforcing the function of forgiveness in my mind.  God gave this function to me, so it is the only function I have in the world of illusion.  It is necessary for this idea to be firmly anchored in my mind.  In studying ACIM, sometimes it will seem as if I must live parallel lives with very opposing ideas.  One sentence in ACIM reads, "If I defend myself, then I am attacked."  That sounds insane. So does this mean that if someone in the world of dreams attacks me, I am suppose submit to the blows?

I will be learning fantastic ideas in ACIM and living in a world of illusions at the same time.  Yet, I am told that the world of illusion does not really exist.  So do I quit my job? Stop taking care of my children?  Never leave my house and only study ACIM?

While I "see" the world before me, I am to live in the world according to its rules.  But at the same time I forgive it and all that upsets me while I do.   God works "behind the scenes," so to speak, adjusting "time" and "space" on behalf of my small efforts.  I do not need to worry how my Awakening to Reality will happen.  I just continue "existing" in the world of illusion, "living my life" practicing the teachings of ACIM. It is not enough to read and understand the material, I must put it into practice.  I do not have to "feel" any particular feelings about what I am doing.  My "feelings" do not matter. I need only do the work and leave the rest to God. The Son of God in me will recognize the Truth of the teachings.

The only way I will have Peace of mind, is by fulfilling the function God gave me; in the world of illusion my function is forgiveness, in Heaven my function is being God's Son.

Today, set aside 10-15 minutes to understand and accept what today's idea really means.  It offers me escape from all my perceived difficulties.  It places the key to the door of Peace in my hands.  It gives Answer to all the searching I have done since "time" began.  Set aside time for God each day with these lessons.  This is part of the long-range disciplinary training my mind needs so that God can use my mind consistently for His Own Purpose.

Review today's idea and allow whatever thoughts come to mind.  At first, make no attempt to concentrate only on thoughts related to today's idea, but rather try to uncover each interfering thought.  Note each thought as it comes to me with as little involvement or concern as possible; dismiss each one with an idea like, "this thought prevents me from accepting the function God gave me."   After a while interfering thoughts will become harder to find.  Do not strain or use a lot of effort, just be willing to have illusions be replaced by Truth.  I cannot imagine the relief today's idea will bring to me resolving my conflicts once and for all.  Despite all my own foolish ideas to the contrary, I really want salvation.  My only function is the one God gave me.  I want and have no other.  I can give God ten minutes of my day, morning and night, in exchange for an Eternity of Peace.

"My only function is the one God gave me.  My function is forgiveness."




No comments:

Post a Comment