Wisconsin, USA

Friday, January 11, 2013

Lesson 66 ~ My happiness and my function are One.

There is a connection between fulfilling my function (forgiveness) and achieving Happiness.  It is more than a connection, they are the same.

The part of me ("ego") who believes I am in a world of illusion will oppose God at every turn. I seemingly created the "world" to give me an experience "apart from" God. In Reality this is not possible, but in fantasy anything is possible.  While I "see" a "world" before me, the part of me who believes in the "world" will oppose the lessons of God. Ego will tell me Happiness is an important occupation, a secure bank account, a fulfilling relationship, a chiseled body or an expensive piece of property. While the lessons in ACIM and God are telling me this is not so. In fact, they tell me my Happiness has nothing to do with the world at all; that everything which promises Happiness in the world does not exist and is a dream in my mind.

So it is a constant tug between ego and Reality.  Ego attacks and Reality does not respond. There is no need to do battle with something that does not exist. "Battle" is a word only ego understands. Peace is all Heaven knows.  I created the world of illusion to give me an experience "apart from" God. That is its function. Heaven will use what I created to instead Awaken me to Reality. My function is only forgiveness. Forgiveness will result in True and Lasting Happiness.  I forgive what does not exist.  I forgive what never occurred.  I forgive my brother for what he did not do.

Today I will try to go past the meaningless and arrive at Truth.  I will not engage in senseless arguments in my mind about anything.  I will not become hopelessly involved in searching for Happiness in a world that will never provide It.  I will not listen to ego's attacks on Truth. Today I will be glad that with Heaven as my Guide, I will learn what Truth is.

My function of forgiveness in the world of illusion is the ONLY thing that will bring me Happiness. I will learn this by practicing forgiveness on everyone and everything in the world I "see."  My Reality with God is Happiness.  In the dream, Happiness and forgiveness are One and the same, no matter what "appearances" tell me.

God gives only Happiness. Love cannot give evil.  A seeming experience apart from God would be everything God is not:  limited, hateful, evil, lonely, restless, anxious, depressed, always searching......the opposite of Life.

I have learned there are two parts to my mind in this dream world.  One is ruled by "ego" and made up of illusions.  The other part is the where the Son lives in Peace with His Father, where Truth abides.  As I go through my day making choices and decisions, I can realize there are only two guides for me to rely on:  ego or Heaven. Ego will always offer an experience of a world apart from God, no matter the form.  Heaven always offers to replace illusion with Love.

Does ego really have gifts to give?  Ego is an illusion offering only the illusion of gifts. Think about this today and about the many forms illusion has occupied in my mind; the many ways ego has offered me "salvation."  Did I find it?  Was I Happy Eternally?  Did it bring me Eternal Peace?  Great honesty is required of me today.

Today, I listen to madness or hear Truth.   These are the only choices.  On one side stands all illusion.  On the other side Truth awaits my acceptance.  In this world of dreams, only forgiveness will bring me Happiness.  Forgive what is not Real to Awaken to Reality/Happiness/Joy/Peace.

"Only forgiveness will bring me Happiness."




No comments:

Post a Comment