Wisconsin, USA

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Lesson 64 ~ My function is forgiveness.

The dream-world will make every attempt to thwart my function of forgiveness, and provide justification for forgetting my function altogether.  Like the Prodigal Son, my mind wandered into a fantasy of being apart from my Father, with the purpose of this fantasy to show me a world without God. Can I hate my mind for showing me what I asked it to show me?  The Son of God has Great Power, even in his miscreation.  But take heart, anything made "apart from" God is fantasy, not Reality; just a dream to Awaken from.  It is an illusion where I have taken on a physical appearance and left my Home with God.  It is illusion that the "body's eyes" seem to "see."  The purpose of the body, eyes or anything else in the world of illusion is to show me a world apart from God........which is quite impossible in Reality; though in fantasy anything is possible.

Even fantasy cannot entirely hide Truth.  I have seen glimpses of Truth all around me, even in the world of illusion.  I recognize Truth even in the dream and I have known this for a long time.

God has another purpose for my dream......He will use all I have made to Awaken me. He instructs me to use the illusion of forgiveness to forgive myself and my brother of all "sin." I think "sin" is real. I think destruction, hate, sadness, grief, war, envy, jealousy, mayhem and all things opposite Love are real.  Nothing that is not Love is Real and to learn this, I forgive.  Then I realize that there is nothing at all to forgive; it is all a dream.  But God uses baby steps because He knows very well that the fantasy is very much the "reality" I have placed before me.

Whenever I feel anything except Love, I can recognize this as an opportunity for forgiveness. Remember, no matter how many options the world seems to present me, when there is any choice or decision to make, the only options are fear or Love.

As Light of the "world," as God's Holy Son, I accept my function of forgiveness.   Gradually I learn that there was nothing at all which needed forgiveness and my Father takes the final step in Awakening me to Reality.

"Ego" is the part of me which believes I am separated from God.  Its function is to assure me that I am indeed separated from God.  I created it to be so.  It is the arrogance of ego which tells me 'I am not worthy to be the Light of the world,'  that 'I am a lowly sinner,' that 'I could not possibly be the Son of God.'  That is ego's job as I have created it to be.

I can stay lost in the dream for as long as I choose, or I can follow the guidance of Heaven and Awaken to Heaven.  It is not "death" that allows me relief from pain and madness; it is only my Awakening to Reality.  I can go on and on through "birth" and "death" in the illusory cycle of "reincarnation," but there is nothing for me to "learn" here.  As God's Son I already know and have Everything.  Many roads lead Home.   ACIM will get me there faster.

The "world's" salvation awaits my forgiveness.  Through my forgiveness, the Son of God (me) escapes from all illusion.  Only by accepting and fulfilling my function of forgiveness will I be Happy.  That is because my function IS to be Happy.  I will use the means (forgiveness) given me by which Happiness becomes inevitable.    Every time I make a choice or decision, I choose whether to be Happy or not.

I will remember my function today, all throughout the day.  As they say in Alcoholics Anonymous meetings, 'attend 90 meetings in 90 days.'  Some newcomers wonder where they will find the time, until they are told, "you found the time to drink, did you not?"  When I truly want something, I MAKE the time for it.  And Happiness is what I Truly want; being with God is what I Truly want.  I can continue to wander about in the world of illusion looking for some sparkle of salvation; in a beautiful face, the perfect job, a thick wallet, my own plot of land, fame and fortune.  But they will all lead to the same outcome:  showing me a world apart from God; with disappointment and sadness, war and tragedy, hatred and war, boredom and restlessness, until I remember what it is I am searching for: Love, Peace, Joy, Serenity, Happiness, ian other words:  GOD.

I will prepare myself in advance for all the decisions I will make today by remembering they are all really very simple.  Each one will lead to Happiness or unhappiness.  Can such a simple decision really be difficult to make?  I will not let the form of decision deceive me.  It is impossible that any decision in the world of illusion have a content different from just this one simple choice.

At least once today, devote 10 or 15 minutes to reflecting on today's idea with closed eyes.  Related thoughts will come to help me.  Throughout the day, remind myself of my function.  This will be difficult at first, because my mind is not disciplined. If nothing else, look around me with eyes open and tell myself, "It is my function to save the world.  Let me forgive it and be Happy."

There is no need to evangelize or convince "anyone else" of Truth.  There is only One Son. Heal MY mind and I heal the "world."  Always call on Heaven for guidance for I cannot do this alone.  "Ego" will always draw me into the illusion even as my mind is healing; especially as my mind is healing.  I may think crazy, grandiose thoughts or feel slightly "off."  This is the pull of the illusion.  But Heaven will rush to my aid when I call.  God will adjust time and space with my small efforts.

I am on my way Home.

"My function is forgiveness.  Let me forgive and be Happy."


No comments:

Post a Comment