Wisconsin, USA

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Lesson 61 ~ I am the Light of the world.

Who could be the Light of the world except for the Son of God?  This is merely a statement of the Truth about myself.  It is the opposite of pride, arrogance and self-deception.  It does not describe the self-concept I have made in the world of illusions. It refers to me as I was Created by God and simply states Truth.

To ego, today's idea is the epitome of arrogance.  But ego does not understand humility, mistaking it for self-debasement.  Humility consists of accepting my role in salvation and taking on no other role.  It is not humility to say "I cannot possibly be the Light of the world," when God Himself gave me that very function.  It is arrogance of ego that would claim this function is not for me.

True humility requires that I accept my function as Light of the world because it is God's Voice Which tells me so.  This is a beginning step in accepting my Real function on earth. And it is a giant stride forward in taking my rightful place in salvation.  It is my right to be saved.  And when I save my "self," I save the entire "world;" the world being a fantasy in my mind.

Think about today's idea as often as possible today.  It is the Perfect Answer to all illusion and all temptation. It brings all the images I have made of myself to Truth, and helps me settle all choices and decisions in Peace.  Today I tell myself, "I am the Light of the world. That is my only function."  Then allow a few related thoughts to pass through my mind and repeat the main idea if my mind wanders.  Begin and end the day by thinking about this idea.  I will start the day with an acknowledgment of Truth about myself, reinforce it throughout the day and prepare for sleep by reaffirming my function and my only True purpose here in the world of illusions.

Today's idea goes far beyond ego's petty views of what I am and what my purpose is. I am the Light of the world.  God has built His plan for salvation on me.  There is no "world," there are no "others," there is no "body."  I am not separated into other bodies, objects or beings. There is nothing "outside" me that exists.  Everything that seems to exist is in my mind.  Yet God works with me where I think I am and He will walk me through all situations and choices until I Awaken to Reality with Him.  So in Truth, if I save my "self" and "my own" tormented mind I save the entire world of illusions because it is in my mind.

"I am the Light of the world."

No comments:

Post a Comment