Wisconsin, USA

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Course-related thoughts.

Some places where I vacationed, I liked them so much I wanted to live there.  I have always wanted the inside of my house to look just like Pier One or Pottery Barn. The things I desire, I want to possess. Yet ACIM tells me I already have Everything as God's Son. That there is nothing outside me and my only Reality is with God.  So if there is nothing outside me and I am just imagining it all, then everything outside of me is within my mind, and whatever it is I desire, is already a part of me.  If my Reality ~ my Natural State ~ is to be without a body, what could I possibly want or need? How can I clothe a thought?  What do I need to feed it?  Does it need furniture to sit on?  A house to shelter it?  That seems laughable when I think about it.  I run around in the "world" acquiring things I think I need to be happy, yet all Lasting and True Happiness is in my mind and my only Home is in God.

Ego tells me Heaven is boring.  There will be nothing "to do."  No one to fall in "love" with.  I will just float around in the ether being blissfully happy, yet bored out of my skull.

Here is what ACIM tells me about Heaven:  It is Eternal, Joyful, Serene, Loving, Happy, Whole and Peaceful.  There is only Life; death does not exist.  In the world of dreams everything comes to an end by change or death. Even mountains crumble eventually. Think of beautiful Mount St. Helen before and after its eruption.  Even MOUNTAINs are subject to change in my dream world!

I like snow.  It is white and beautiful and falls gracefully. Yet it is cold and eventually turns to ugly slush.  Heaven is like beautiful snow that is always white, always beautiful and just the right temperature.

I like rain.  But sometimes it can be cold, harsh and depressing.Rain causes puddles of mud and ruins my hair. My clothes stick to me in the rain and cause a chill. Sometimes it rains too hard or for too long.  Heaven is like warm soft rain that creates no mud or puddles.  It does not soak my clothes and it rains for as long as I want to see it, then it disappears and I see something else I want to see.

I like good food.  But I get full and feel bloated if I eat too much.  Overeating makes me fat.  If I eat too much of the same thing, I get tired of it.  Sometimes the temperature of food is too hot or too cold.  Maybe there are lumps in the mashed potatoes or the meat needs salt.  Heaven is like good food that I can eat and eat and never get full, yet be fully satisfied with each bite.  The temperature is always perfect, the texture is always exactly what I want and the food is seasoned to perfection so I need never add salt or pepper.

Heaven is like this, yet completely unlike this in that Heaven has nothing to do with anything that is tangible.

How can one describe Perfection in an imperfect state of being?  I can only use the language of imperfection to attempt to describe Perfection.  That is why those who have near-death experiences return with an inability to adequately describe their experience outside the body.  While death is a dream, and where we go after "death" must also be a dream, it is a dream without the body, as opposed to the dream within the body.  But Truth is never completely hidden from God's Son.  There will always be glimpses of Truth even in my miscreations.  Death does not bring me to Eternal Life. Death keeps me in the fantasy-cycle of birth and death ~ reincarnation.  I Awaken to Reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment