Wisconsin, USA

Monday, January 14, 2013

Lesson 68 ~ Love holds no grievances.

I do not fully realize what judging others and holding grievances does to my mind; it keeps me separated from Reality.  It gives me the experience of being "away from" God. Holding grievances are the building blocks of illusion.  It makes me believe that God is more like ego:  selfish, angry, judgmental and intolerant.  I cannot know my Self as Son of God and hold a grievance.  To hold grievances is to allow "ego" to dominate my thinking, and ego believes in being apart from God in a world of illusion where bodies live and eventually die.

Shut off from my True Self (which remains Aware of Its Wholeness with the Father), my Self seems to sleep, while the part of my mind which weaves illusions in its sleep appears to be "awake."  This is what holding grievances does to me.  It denies my Reality as God's Son, and God becomes fearful to me in my dream of hate.  Who can dream of hatred and not fear God?

When I hold grievances I redefine God in my own image.  When I hold grievances I suffer guilt, just as when I forgive, I will find Peace.  When I hold grievances I forget who I am as God's Son, just as certainly as when I forgive, I will remember.

Would I not be willing to give up my grievances if I accept this Truth?  Maybe I think I cannot give up my grievances?  It is only a matter of motivation. Today I will try to find out how I feel without grievances.  If I succeed ~ even by a tiny bit ~ I will never have a problem being motivated to do so again.

Search my mind for those against whom I hold a major grievance.  Then think of the minor grievances I hold against even those I like and love.  It should quickly become apparent that there is no one who is exempt from ego's judgment.  This is what has left me alone in the universe and defines my perception of myself as "ego."

Be determined now to see all as friends for they are part of me and I must forgive and love them in order to know my Self.

Think of myself completely at Peace with everyone and everything; safe in a world that protects and loves me, and that I love in return.  Feel the Safety surrounding me, hovering over me and supporting my every step.  Love holds no grievances and when I let grievances go, I will know I am Perfectly Safe.  By laying all grievances aside, I will Awaken to my Self and God.

"Love holds no grievances."





No comments:

Post a Comment