Wisconsin, USA

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Lesson 76 ~ I am under no laws but God's.

I have looked for my salvation in senseless things that have no meaning and each has imprisoned me with its own senseless laws.  Yet, I am not imprisoned by the strange, twisted laws I have set up to save myself.  I think I will starve unless I have stacks of green paper and and piles of metal discs.  I think a small pill or some fluid pushed into my veins with a sharpened needle will ward off disease and death.  I think I am alone unless another body is with me.

It is insanity that thinks these things.  I call them "laws" and put them under different names in a long catalog of rituals that serve no purpose.  I think I must obey "laws" of medicine, economics and health; if I just protect my body, I will be saved. These are not laws, but madness.

The body is endangered only by a mind that hurts itself.  The body's suffering is a mask that the mind holds up to hide what really suffers.  The mind attacks the body and wants it to die.  This is what I created the body and the world to show me:  a world opposite to God.  God is Life, so I have a world of death.  God is Peace, so my world is chaos.  God is Joy, so my world must be filled with grief and sorrow.

I realize now, that salvation is not "outside" me.  Salvation is simple, and I learn to look for it where it waits for me: In my mind.

There are no laws except the Laws of God.  This needs repeating over and over and over.  Magic pills, paper and discs have no meaning.  What is meant to save does not exist.  I have hidden Truth from myself in the dream-world.  But the Laws of God ensure Freedom.  The Light has come because there are no Laws except God's.

Think of the different laws I believe I must obey: the "laws" of nutrition, of immunization, of medication, of friendship, of  "good" relationships. There are even "laws" that tell me what belongs to God and what belongs to me; many religions have been based on this and they damn in Heaven's name.  Yet religious laws are no more strange that other "laws" I think I must obey.

There are no Laws but God's.  Dismiss all foolish magical beliefs today and make my mind ready to hear the Voice of Truth.   Payment is neither given nor received. Exchange cannot be made, there are no substitutes and nothing is replaced by something else.  God's Laws forever give and never take.

Hear today the Voice Who tells me this and realize how foolish are the "laws" that seemed to make the world go round.  Then listen further.  He will tell me more; about the Love my Father has for me; about the Endless Joy He offers me.  I have denied God's Love for me by my belief in fantasies.

God's Voice will speak to me of the Joys of Heaven.  Repeat today's idea until I have heard and understood that there are no Laws except God's.  Repeat this as often as possible today, at least four or five times an hour.  Repeat this when I am tempted to think otherwise.  It is my statement of Freedom from all danger and tyranny.  It is my acknowledgment that God is my Father and I am His Son.

"I am under no laws but God's"

No comments:

Post a Comment