Wisconsin, USA

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Lesson 73 ~ Darkness is not my Will; my Will is joined with God.

All ego-desires are darkness and nothingness.  Ego will always show me a world without God.  My belief in the dream-world is very strong, but in terms of Reality it does not exist.  Ego creates nothing Real.  What keeps me grounded in the dream-world is my desire to see the opposite of God.  Ego looks for things that will bring me that experience, such as grievances, judgments and "desires."  The Son of God has Everything, so in a world apart from God, he would always be kept wanting.  Ego populates the world with figures that seem to annoy, sadden and attack it.  "Others" become middlemen which ego employs to traffic in grievances.  Guilt is traded back and forth, from brother to brother, and grievances increase with each exchange.  It is a vicious circle keeping me firmly grounded to illusions, and desiring illusions I become blind to Reality.

My picture of the "world" can only mirror what is in my mind. The source of Light or darkness cannot be found anywhere but in my mind.  There is nothing outside myself. Grievances darken my mind, therefore I look "out" on a darkened world.  Forgiveness will lift the darkness.

The barrier of grievances is easily passed and cannot hold me from Happiness (salvation). The reason is simple:  it is only my DESIRE to see a world of illusion that keeps me here. Do I really want to remain in hell?  Do I really want sadness, suffering and death?   Ego will tell me that this fantasy is "heaven."  But I know now, this is not True.  I cannot possibly want this for myself.

Could God create such a disaster for His Son?  Could such a world have been created in the Will the Son shares with his Father?  Would God create a world that kills Himself?  Real Creation occurs with the Will of the Son and the Father joined together.

Suffering is not happiness, and it is Happiness I really want.  Such is my Will in Truth. I WANT to succeed in seeing Truth.  I undertake this lesson willingly and happily because Happiness is my Natural State.  I want salvation for myself, and I want to accept God's Plan because I am His Son and I share in His Plan.  I want to remember my function as His Son. Today ego stands powerless before the Will I share with my Father.

I practice today's idea with happy confidence, certain that I will find what God Wills me to find and remember what is my will to remember.  No illusion can oppose this. There is a point beyond which illusions cannot go. Today let the Will of the Father and Son be joined and forever end the insane belief that hell is what I desire.

I recognize today that only God's Will for me is what I want.  He will not force His Will on me.  His Will is the only thing that will bring me True Joy and Happiness because it is my Natural State of Being.  I will succeed today.  I am willing to look on the Light in me and be saved from a fantasy of darkness.

I ask God to show me the Light that reflects His Will and mine.  Let Him lead the way. Darkness is not my Will.  I desire only to see Light.  Whenever any form of grievance tempts me, repeat today's idea.  This will help me bring my grievances into the Light and let them go. Repeat the idea several times an hour.  Type the idea into my phone or laptop screen, so that every time I look at one of my devices, I am reminded of God's message.

"Darkness is not my Will.  My Will is joined with God"




No comments:

Post a Comment