Wisconsin, USA

Friday, January 18, 2013

Lesson 72 ~ Ask and He will answer. Knock and the door will be opened.

Ego's plan for salvation is opposite to God's, just as is everything in the fantasy world of illusion. Yet I created ego to show me a world without God.  It will continue to do so, especially as I attempt to learn my way Home.

I created "ego" (the part of me who believes it is apart from God) to replace God and put "me" in charge of my "life." Ego is the "physical" embodiment of the fantasy to be apart from God. Though it keeps "me" separate and alone, unable to reach other minds except through the very body that was made to imprison my mind.  A limit on communication cannot be the best means to enhance communication, but anything in the world "apart from" God is imperfection.

Holding grievances keeps me firmly entrenched in the world of imperfection. Consider some of the reasons I hold grievances. Are  they not always associated with something a BODY does?  A person says something I do not like or does something that annoys me, betraying the "hostile" thoughts in their body's mind?  I am exclusively concerned with what my brother does in his body, though in this world I am confusing my brother with his body.  Here is where God Himself is attacked:  if God's Son is only a body, then God must be as well, for the Creator must be like his Creation.  If God is a body, his plan for salvation must include death.  The body's apparent reality makes this view of God quite convincing.  In fact, if the body were Real, it would be difficult to escape this conclusion. The body offers me very little and I have been grasping every morsel I can get.  In the world of illusion it seems that God gave me nothing and leaves me floundering alone and unloved, and only my body and what it can say and do can bring me happiness ("salvation"). This is the common belief of the world.

Some hate the body and try to hurt and humiliate it, or control it through exercise and other physical activity.  Others love the body and try to glorify and celebrate it. The body stands at the center of my concept of myself, and this keeps me firmly planted in the illusion, blind to Reality and deaf to Truth. In the dream-world the body is my chosen savior and God is my enemy.  Every grievance I hold insists the body is Real.

Only God's Plan for salvation will work:  this is my full release from all my insane attempts to find Happiness, "salvation."  No other plan for salvation will work.  All other plans have lead to depression, anger and hopelessness.

Today I will try to stop all my senseless attacks on salvation.  I will try to welcome it instead.  The world's upside-down perception has ruined my peace of mind.  I have been seeing myself as a body, keeping Truth outside me locked away from my Awareness.  Today I will try to see differently.

The Light of Truth is in me, where It was placed by God.  The body does not exist and is not my concern.  To be without a body is to be in my Natural State.  To recognize the Light of Truth in me is to recognize myself as I am.   To see my Self as not a body is to accept God's Plan for salvation.  And wherever His Plan is accepted, It is already accomplished.

Ask God what His Plan is for me.  Acknowledge that I do not know and be open to hearing Him. Wait in quiet for His Answer.  I have been shouting my grievances so loudly that I have been unable to hear His Voice.  I have used grievances to close my eyes and plug my ears.  Now I ask God that I see, hear and learn.  When I ask God, I can be certain He will answer me and the Answer will be True.

Whenever I feel my confidence sag and my hope of success flicker and go out, repeat my question to God.  He WILL answer.  Be determined to hear Him.  I will not allow the shrieks of ego to drown out His Voice.  "What is salvation Father?  I do not know.  Tell me so I may understand."  Once or twice an hour is not unreasonable.  Consider how often I check my phone for calls or Facebook page for messages. My mind is filled with thoughts of the fantasy-world.  How about introducing some Truth and receiving the resulting Peace that will follow?  There could be no better way to spend my time than to remember my Source.





No comments:

Post a Comment