Wisconsin, USA

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Lesson 74 ~ There is no Will except God's.

God's Will is the only Will and His Will is mine.  There is no conflict in this.  Peace has replaced the strange idea that I am torn by conflicting goals, desires and needs.  I am an expression of God's Will and my Happiness is in Him.  I have no function or goal apart from Him.  I have no needs apart from Him.  I do not exist apart from Him.  Yet it is obvious that I can dream a dream of separation, but it is just that:  a dream.

There is great Peace in today's idea, and the idea for today is directed toward finding this Peace.  The idea is wholly True, and Truth can never give rise to illusion.  Without illusion conflict is impossible. I will try to recognize this today and experience the Peace this recognition brings me.

There is no Will except God's.  I cannot be in conflict.  I cannot be sad, worried, anxious, fearful or lonely.  There is no death.  God is Life and there is no opposite to Life.  I tried to create a world of opposites in my fantasies, but it can only be fantasy.

I am at Peace.  God Wills Peace for His Son.  Nothing can disturb me.

Conflict thoughts are meaningless, because God Wills only Peace for His Son.  Yet in my dream of separation, I see conflict everywhere.  ACIM works with me in my language of separation.  I straddle two worlds in a way.  I am learning of my Reality through healing the dream I see before me.

If any fantasy-thoughts of conflict or fear arise, I can replace those thoughts with today's idea.  If there is one conflict area that seems particularly troubling, single it out for special consideration. Think about it briefly, but very specifically.  Identify the person(s) or situation(s) involved and remind myself that this conflict cannot possibly be Real.  Nothing outside God exists.  There is no world outside me.  I am at Home, at Peace with God.

Close my eyes and try to experience the Peace to which I am entitled as God's Son. Sink into it and feel it closing around me.   Do not mistake this for withdrawal from the "world,"  the difference is easily detected.

If I am succeeding, I will feel a deep sense of Joy and an increased alertness, rather than a feeling of weakness or fatigue.

Joy characterizes Peace, and by this experience I will recognize that I have reached Peace.  If I do feel myself withdrawing or distracted, repeat today's idea and try again. Do this as often as necessary.  I will make definite strides in refusing to allow my mind to wander even if I do not experience the Peace I am looking for.

Throughout the day repeat the idea, then try to find what I am seeking.  What I seek will never be "in the world" ~ there is no world. It will only be deep in my mind in the Place that remembers God.

Consider today's idea for a moment, every half hour, with eyes closed.  This time would be truly well spent today.

My mind in the dream-world is undisciplined. My thoughts flit between emotional extremes, unfocused and chaotic. ACIM is a Course in mind training. I am training my mind to lay aside the dream and remember Reality.

"There is no Will but God's"




No comments:

Post a Comment