Wisconsin, USA

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Lesson 95 ~ I am one Self, United with my Creator.

Today's idea accurately describes me as God created me.  I am One within myself and One with God. My Perfect Unity makes change in me impossible.  I cannot possibly be a soul imprisoned in a body that withers and dies, living in a world of constant change and chaos.

I see myself in a physical world, imprisoned in a body....a ridiculous mockery of Creation:  weak, vicious, ugly and sinful, miserable and in mental/emotional/physical pain.  This is my version of myself in my fantasy of "a world apart from God:"  a self divided into many parts, separate from God and feebly held together by the vengeful "god" to which I pray.  This "god" is my own mistaken version of God.  The "god" of the world does not hear my prayers, for it does not exist.  The "god" I made in the dream has no Reality.  God does not seek justice, condemn, send "His Son" to hell or insist that he die to be with Him in Heaven.  The "god" of my dreams is nothing.  The God of Reality is All There Is.  The God of Reality never takes, but only gives.  And what He gives is given to ALL Eternally.

Today I direct my thoughts toward reaching my True Self, United with my Creator.  I will repeat today's lesson every hour.  This seems difficult....impossible!   Ego is distracted and has no mental discipline.  But I am learning to remember the Son of God in me.  I do not realize how much effort it takes to maintain an illusion of unreality.  Reality is Simple and Effortless, though it will seem just the opposite to me in the world of fantasy.  In the world of dreams everything is opposite to Reality because that is exactly what I intended that it show me:  the opposite of Reality.  Yet I find time to do the things that seem important to me: think thoughts of the world, check Facebook, look at my phone for messages, surf the internet, indulge in my hobbies, watch TV, eat and drink.  In the world of dreams I make time to do the things I really want to do.

ACIM is helping me reevaluate what it is I want.  I want Love, Peace, Joy, Unity, Happiness........Eternally.  I do not want endless disappointment, war, chaos, prejudice, judgment, hatred, unhappiness, boredom, grief, sadness, frustration, poverty, lack; being always in need of something or someone, always waiting for my happiness in a person, situation or event.

Frequent, short practice periods have advantages for me with my undisciplined mind. Unless I am reminded of my purpose frequently, I  tend to forget about it for long periods of time.  I often fail to remember my hourly practices and I have not made a habit of using the idea for the day as an automatic response to temptation.

Structure is necessary for me at this time.  Plan for frequent reminders of my goal and regular attempts to reach it.  It is not the amount of time, but the application of the short periods of time that I am asked to use on behalf of Awakening.  Short, hourly practices are advantageous for me whose motivation is inconsistent and whose ego remains heavily defended against Awakening.

I will not use my lapses from this schedule as an excuse not to return to it again as soon as I can.  I may be tempted to regard the day as "lost" because I failed to do what is asked of me.  Yet I should simply recognize it for what it is:  a refusal to let my mistake (the dream-world) be corrected, and an unwillingness of my ego to try again.

Truth is not delayed by my mistakes.  It is only held back by my unwillingness to let mistakes go.  I will be determined to forgive myself for the lapses and failures in following the instructions given to me.  Forgiveness allows me to overlook my mistakes rather than give them power to delay my learning.

When I fail to meet the requirements of these teachings, I have merely made a mistake.  This calls for correction and nothing else.  Let all errors go by recognizing them for what they are:  attempts by the ego-part of myself to keep me unaware of my Reality with God.   Today I will try to reach the Place in me where the Sonship lives.

I am One Self United with my Creator and with every aspect of Creation.  I exist in Peace, Love, Light, Joy and Unity.....Eternally.  I am Limitless in Power.  I am One with my Father.  Repeat this today and attempt to feel the meaning of the words.

I am One Self, Complete, Healed and Whole, with the Power to lift the veil of darkness from my mind, letting the Light in.  I am One Self, in Perfect Harmony with All There Is, and All That There Will Be.  I am the Holy Son of God United with all my "brothers."  There are no "others," there is only One Son that seemingly divided Itself into "many."

Feel this One Self in me, and let It shine away all illusions and doubts.  This is my Self ~ the Son of God Himself ~ as sinless as my Creator, sharing in His Strength and Power.  There is One Self, One Son and One God.  I will find this Holy Truth in me. Heaven looks to me in confidence that I will try today.

Throughout the day I will not forget my goal.  I will repeat today's idea as frequently as possible and understand that each time I do, the "world" hears the Voice of Hope, the stirring of Truth and the Gentle Rustling of the Wings of Peace.  As my mind opens to Truth, this Truth will be reflected back to me from the world I seem to see.

My acknowledgment of Truth is a call to the world to be at one with me.  To everyone I meet today, I will silently offer the promise of today's idea, telling them, "You are One Self with me, United with our Creator.  I honor you because of what I am and what God is, Who Loves us both as One."

"I (you) am One Self, United with the Creator."


No comments:

Post a Comment