Wisconsin, USA

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Lesson 108 ~ Giving and Receiving are one in Truth

Today's idea, in and of itself, if believed wholly, could bring me True Vision.  All roads lead to God, but the ideas in ACIM were designed to get me there faster.  I need only work on myself.  There is no reason to evangelize others or change anyone else.  There IS no one "else" outside of me.  There is only the One Son and I am He.  If I heal my mind, "all" minds are healed.  I have seemingly separated myself from God and divided my One Self into "many" and Heaven into Its direct "opposite."

The Good News:  It is a dream.  I am Safe in Heaven dreaming of exile to a place apart from Peace, Love, Joy and Eternity.  My will rejoined with God's Awakens me to my Reality in Heaven.  I seem to be living "apart from" God, in charge of my own destiny, capable of both good and evil, love and hate.  I seem to make my own decisions and rely on my own wits and intelligence, making my way through a world of chaos.  In Reality, I am in charge of nothing and do not exist apart from God.  It is a foolish dream.  I cannot even Awaken on my own.  I can do nothing apart from God, I am only dreaming that I can.  I have been mistaken.  This is my only problem.  But it has already been solved.

The Light in me reconciles all seeming opposites.  The Light resolves all conflicts and mistaken thoughts.  This is not "light" seen by the body's eyes.  The body's eyes see nothing because the body does not exist,  though I did a good job of convincing myself that it does.  True Light is a State of Mind so Unified that darkness cannot be perceived at all.

Heaven has no opposite....only in dreams.  In the dream world there is the dream of Jesus and Buddha, etc., because even in the dream there are glimpses of Truth.  In dreams, giving and receiving are seen as two different things.  I have divided one aspect of Truth into opposites.  In Reality giving and receiving occur simultaneously and are One.  This one Thought, completely Unified will serve to Unify all thought.  One problem corrected will correct all problems, because there is only one problem:  that I think I am apart from God.

To learn that giving and receiving are the same can be tried and proven so easily.  When this is proven, I will see it always works in every circumstance where it is tried.  This Thought can be generalized to other areas of doubt and false vision.  The fantasy is always difficult to maintain and chaotic in nature.  Salvation is simple and easy.

Today I will practice the special case of giving and receiving.  It has results that cannot be missed.  To give is to receive, and to receive is to give.  Today I offer Peace to everyone and I will see how quickly Peace returns to me.  I am trying to reach the Light deep inside my mind.  Light holds Tranquility, Joy and Happiness.  The "world" and everything in it can never make me Happy because I seemingly created it to show me a place "apart from God and Heaven" ~ the "opposite" of God and Heaven.  I can stop looking for Happiness where it will never be.

While I perceive the world and "others," I will practice offering Peace, Quiet and Gentleness to every situation and person that presents itself to me.  I will replace all negative thoughts with Thoughts of Peace and Love.  I do not have to dwell on every negative thought that comes into my consciousness.  I can choose only the Good.  It is MY choice.  I will find I have exact return for what I have "given."  One "brother" represents all others.   If I offer Peace to one brother, I offer it to all and to myself.

"Truth tells me: Giving and Receiving are one and the same.  What I offer, comes back to me.  Offer only Good."

No comments:

Post a Comment