Wisconsin, USA

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Lesson 101 ~ God's Will for me is Perfect Happiness

Here is what I believe in the world of dreams:  punishment is just and cannot be escaped; salvation is obtained through suffering; the sinful deserve pain and death; they know it waits for them and it will seek them out and find them somewhere, sometime, and in some form that evens the account owed to God.

If sin is Real, salvation is very painful, for pain is the cost of sin.  The idea of salvation in the world of dreams is fearful for it takes everything away (the story of Job) before it grants the welcome relief of death to victims who are little more than bones before "salvation" is pacified.  I have made a devil of God's Son.  In the world of dreams, salvation is merciless, but wholly just.  It has become my bitter enemy, the curse of God on me who has crucified His Son.   I believe salvation calls for suffering as penance for my "sins."  While I believe I am a body and see a world outside me I will believe that "sin" is Real. I will believe that hatred, prejudice, injustice, war, natural disasters, private thoughts and death are Real.

Who would sanely seek out the savage punishment of "salvation"?  Who would not flee "salvation" and attempt ~ in every way ~ to drown out the voice that speaks of salvation?   I need today's practice periods. The lessons in ACIM teach me that sin is not Real and all that I believe in the world of dreams has never happened. I will accept God's plan for salvation, not my own.  

Happiness is a key idea in understanding what salvation means.  God's Will for me is Perfect Happiness because there is no sin.  Pain of any kind is only the sign that I have misunderstood myself.  I will not fear the Will of God, but turn to It in confidence that It will set me free from all imagined consequences of sin in my feverish dreams.   

God's Will for me is Perfect Happiness.  There is no sin; it has no consequences.  I will repeat this hourly and then attempt to find the Joy today's idea will introduce into my mind.  Today I will gladly give God five minutes of each hour to remove the heavy load I lay upon myself with the insane belief that sin is Real.  Today's idea sets me on the road to Freedom and bring wings to speed me on......and the hope to go faster still to the waiting goal of Peace.  

Today I will escape from madness, if only for a little while.  There is no sin.  I will remember this today and tell myself as often as a I can.  

"God's Will for me is Perfect Happiness."






No comments:

Post a Comment