Wisconsin, USA

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Lesson 91 ~ Miracles are seen in Light.

Miracles and Vision always go together.  This needs frequent repeating.  It is a central idea in my new Thought System.  The miracle is always there, but I will only see miracles in Light, not in darkness.

While I remain in darkness, the miracle is hidden and I am convinced it is not there. Darkness seems my only reality in the dream-world.  If I am not Aware of Light, how can I appreciate It?  The Thought System that ACIM introduces to me helps me remember that darkness is only a dream and Light is my Reality.  I am Safe in Heaven, dreaming of exile to a world "separated from" God.

ACIM tells me that what I seem to see in the world of darkness is not there. This sounds like insanity.  I absolutely do not question the "reality" of what my body's eyes show me.  I have no doubt that the images they show me are reality.  In Truth my faith has been invested in darkness, not Light.  How can this be reversed?  For the part of me who believes in the dream (ego) it is impossible.  But I am no longer wholly insane.

The efforts I make with the lessons in ACIM, however small they may be, have Strong Support.  If I realized how Great this Strength, all my doubts would vanish.  I believe I am a body in world that seems to limit me at every turn.  This sense of weakness has taken its toll on my Spirit.  Yet the damage is reversible.  In fact, it never happened.

Three times today for ten minutes, I will try to leave my weakness behind and instruct myself that I am not a body. I put my faith in what I desire; today I desire Reality and I will instruct my mind accordingly.  I can escape the body if I choose.  Do I desire more darkness or am I ready for miracles?

Miracles are seen in Light.  The body's eyes do not perceive Light, but I am not a body. What am I? What I think I am in the darkness is a belief that needs to be undone.  The belief that I am a body is a mistake that calls only for correction.  What I really am will be revealed to me.

If I am not a body, what am I?  I will exchange my faith in the body for what Heaven will show me.  I need a Real Experience of Truth; solid and sure and worthy of my faith.

If I am not a body, what am I?  Ask myself this today in honesty and then devote several minutes to allow my mistaken thought to be corrected.  For example say, "I am not weak, but Strong;" "I am not helpless, but All-Powerful;"  "I am not illusion, but Reality;"  "I can not see in darkness, only in Light."

Try to experience these Truths about myself.  Concentrate on the experience of Strength.  All sense of weakness is associated with the belief that I am a body ~ a belief that is mistaken and deserves no faith.  Try to remove my faith from the body, if only for a moment.

My efforts today, however meager, are fully supported by the Strength of God.  It is from Him my Strength will come.

Remind myself throughout the day, that miracles are seen in Light.  Meet any temptation with today's idea.

"Miracles are seen in Light."




No comments:

Post a Comment