Wisconsin, USA

Friday, February 22, 2013

Lesson 106 ~ Be still and listen for Truth.

If I lay aside ego's voice, however loudly it may seem to call, if I refuse to accept its petty gifts that give me nothing, if I listen with an open mind, not the ego-mind which has its own ideas of "salvation," then I will hear the Mighty Voice of Truth:  Quiet in Power, Strong in Stillness, and Completely Certain in Its Message.

I will listen and hear my Father speak to me.   His Voice silences the thunder of the meaningless and shows the way to Peace, to me who cannot see.  I will be still today and listen to Truth.  I will not be deceived by voices of death, which tell me they have found my salvation and happiness in a toned and chiseled body, a treasure of riches or a "satisfying" career.  I will not listen to the fantasies of ego. I will listen to Truth.

Today I will walk lightly past the voices of the world and past their meaningless promises. The Voice for God holds my Happiness in Its Hand, held out to me in Welcome and Love.  I can choose to hear only Him today.  There is no need to wait for Happiness.

Today the promise of God's Word is kept.  I will hear It and be silent.  He comes with miracles a thousand times as Happy and Wonderful as those I have ever dreamed in the world of dreams.  God's miracles will not fade when the dreaming ends; they end the dream instead and last forever, for they come from God to His dear Son whose other name is my Self.  I will prepare myself for miracles today and allow my Father's ancient pledge to me to be kept.

As my mind heals, this healing will be reflected back to me from the world, which is only a dream in my mind.  Today I will be ready for salvation.  I will listen and hear a Voice which resounds throughout the dream-world.

The Bringer of miracles needs me to accept them first.  When I have a negative thought in my mind, will I let it fester and hold me in the dream, or will I lay it aside and accept God's Love and Joy instead?  The choice is mine.  I free the "world" when I free my mind from everything that is not Love, and this Freedom is reflected back to me throughout the "world."   Giving and Receiving are One.  They are the Circle of Creation.  What I give, I will receive.

Five minutes every hour I will quiet my mind and listen to Truth.  God's Word has always been there for me.  Today I accept It and be Free.  While I "see" the fantasy-world before me, I will offer a blessing when my "brother" seems to hand me a curse. For this "brother" is myself in disguise, telling me I am separated from God.  In my mind I will offer, instead, a reassurance that this is not so.  I will say silently, "brother, we have been mistaken, let us return to the Father and be at Peace."

"Be still and listen for Truth."






No comments:

Post a Comment