Wisconsin, USA

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Lesson 48 ~ There is nothing to fear.

The idea for today simply states a fact.  Not a fact to those who think illusions are "reality;" illusions are not real.  In Truth there is nothing to fear and Truth is my Reality. It is very easy to recognize this, but very difficult if I want illusions to be true. Anything I desire in the world of illusions, keeps me anchored to illusions.  Offer Love and forgiveness to everyone and everything, but desire nothing. As a child of God I have Everything.  If I think I lack anything, it is because I have chosen illusions.

The presence of fear is a sure sign that I am trusting in my own strength.  Apart from God, strength does not exist, and I presently believe I am apart from God.  I created the world to show me an experience 'apart from God,' which would be an experience of everything opposite to God (if opposites were possible):  failure, helpless, darkness, lack, hatred, war and, peace which never lasts, love which changes day by day, happiness which can easily turn to sorrow.  The Awareness that there is nothing to fear shows me that somewhere in my mind (though not necessarily in a place I yet recognize) I have remembered God.  Let His Strength take the place of my weakness. The instant I am willing to do this, there is indeed nothing to fear.

Today's practice periods will be short, simple and frequent.  Just repeat today's idea as often as possible at any time and in any situation. It is strongly recommended that I take a minute whenever possible to close my eyes and repeat the idea slowly to myself several times. It is very important that I use the idea immediately if there is anything that disturbs my peace of mind.

"There is nothing to fear."

No comments:

Post a Comment