Wisconsin, USA

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Lesson 41 ~ God is with me wherever I am.

Today's idea will eventually overcome ~ completely ~ the sense of loneliness and abandonment all the "separated ones" experience.  Depression is an inevitable consequence of separation.  As well as anxiety, worry, a deep sense of helplessness and loss, misery, suffering and an intense sense of fear.

The separated ones have invented many "cures" for what they believe to be the ills of the "world."  But the one thing they never question is the "reality" of the problem.  Yet the problem cannot be solved because the problem is not Real. The idea for today has the Power to end all this foolishness forever. And foolishness it is, despite the serious and tragic forms it may take.

Deep within me remains everything that is Perfect.  This Perfection will cure all sorrow, pain, fear and loss because it will heal the mind that thought these things were Real and suffered out of its loyalty to them.

I can never be deprived of my Perfect Holiness because Its Source goes with me wherever I go. I can never suffer because the Source of all Joy goes with me wherever I go. I can never be alone because the Source of Life Itself goes with me wherever I go. Nothing can destroy my Peace of mind because God goes with me wherever I go.

At this point, I may not wholeheartedly believe this.  How could I, when I have hidden Truth deep within me, under a heavy cloud of insane thoughts, dense and obscuring, yet representing all I "see"? Today, I will make my first real attempt to get past this dark and heavy cloud, and go through it to the Light beyond.

There is one long practice period today.  As soon as I wake up, if possible, sit quietly for 3 to 5 minutes with eyes closed.  Repeat today's idea very slowly, then make no effort to think of anything. Try to get a sense of turning inward, past all thoughts of the world.  Enter very deeply into my mind, keeping it clear of any distracting thoughts. Repeat the idea if I find it helpful, but most of all try to sink down and inward away from the world and all thoughts of the world.  I am trying to leave "appearances" and approach Reality.

It is quite possible to reach God.  It is very easy and Natural in fact, because being with God is my Reality.  I might even say that it is the only Natural thing in my present state.  The Way will open.  I am training my mind to return to Reality.  This exercise can bring very startling results even the first time it is attempted, and sooner or later it is always successful.  Any attempts will never fail completely and instant success is possible.

Use today's idea throughout the day, and often. Repeat it slowly, preferably with eyes closed. Think of what I am saying and what the words mean. Concentrate on the Holiness that they imply about me; on the unfailing Companionship that is mine; on the Complete Protection that surrounds me.

Indeed, I can afford to laugh at fear thoughts, remembering that I am God's Son and the world of illusion is not my Reality.

God is with me wherever I am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment