Wisconsin, USA

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Lesson 35 ~ My mind is part of God's. I am very Holy.

The idea for today presents a very different view of myself.  By establishing my Source, it establishes my Identity as Son of God and it describes who I must really be in Truth.  The emphasis today is on me, the perceiver, rather than on what I perceive.

I believe I am part of the world.  The "world" is where I think I am.  As ego I have surrounded myself with the environment I have chosen to show me a world apart from God, and I will protect this image of myself.  My image as a body ~ an "individual" ~ is part of this environment.  What I see while I believe I am in this world is seen through the eyes of the this illusory image.

Today's idea does not describe the way I see myself now, but it describes what Vision will show me.  It may be difficult for me to believe this of myself.  Yet the reason I think I am a "body" living in a "world" is because I do not believe I am the Holy Son of God.

Three, five-minute practice periods are asked of me today.  Repeat today's idea, then close my eyes and search my mind for the various descriptive terms that make up who I believe I am.  Include the good and the bad; the grandiose and depraved.  All of them are equally unreal because I do not look at myself through the eyes of Holiness. Think of any specific situation that occurs to me, identify how I would describe myself in that situation, and use this in applying today's idea.  There may be intervals in which I can think of nothing specific.  Do not strain, but merely relax and repeat today's idea slowly until something occurs.  Do not force thoughts, yet do not purposely leave anything out.

For instance, "I see myself as imposed on;" "I see myself as depressed;" "I see myself as failing;" "I see myself as helpless;" "I see myself as victorious;" "I see myself as a winner;" I see myself as honest."

"I see myself as ______.  But my mind is part of God's.  I am very Holy."




No comments:

Post a Comment