Wisconsin, USA

Monday, December 17, 2012

Lesson 46 ~ God is the Love in which I forgive.

It is not with my own goodness and love that I "forgive."  Ego, the part of me "separated" from God, is helpless and powerless. Ego can do nothing. All my Strength comes from being God's Son. Ego is completely consumed with the "separation" from God, for that is its function.  But the Son of God is within me as well, and this part of me has never forgotten its True Identity.  I am not divided into parts (ego vs. Son of God), though the Course speaks the language of division in order that I understand.

God does not forgive for He has never condemned. Forgiveness is the great need of the dream-world. Those who forgive are releasing themselves from illusions. Those who do not forgive are binding themselves to illusions. There is no one else "out there."  There is one Son. Therefore, if I condemn "others," I condemn only my Self.  If I forgive "others," I forgive my Self.

Though God does not forgive, per se, His Love is the basis of forgiveness for dreams. The dream-world is one of fear. God's World is one of Love.  Fear condemns, Love forgives. Forgiveness undoes what fear has produced, returning the mind to the Awareness of God. For this reason, forgiveness can truly be called salvation, for it is the means by which illusions disappear.  I forgive entirely, or not at all.

Today I attempt three 5-minute practice periods.  I will search my mind for those whom I have not forgiven.  If I am doing the exercises well, I should have little difficulty finding a number of people I have not forgiven.  It is a safe rule that anyone I do not like is a suitable subject.  I will also put myself in a position to forgive myself.   In addition to the three 5-minutes practice periods at any time during the day if and when I become aware of any kind of negative reaction to anyone (in my presence or not in my presence), tell them silently: God is the Love in which I forgive you, (_____). Though it feels very awkward to call them by name, it is important to do so.

"God is the Love in which I forgive you, (name).  God is the Love in which I forgive myself."




No comments:

Post a Comment