Wisconsin, USA

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Lesson 42 ~ God is my Strength. Vision is His gift.

This plan is guaranteed to work.  Failure is impossible.

The idea for today combines two very powerful thoughts, both of major importance.  It also presents a "cause and effect" relationship that explains why I cannot fail in my efforts to achieve the goals of the Course. The Cause is God, the Effect is Vision. It is the Will of God that I succeed. It is God's Strength, not my own, which gives me Power.  It is His Gift that offers Vision.  My efforts have only kept me further entangled in a world of illusions.

God is my Strength and what He gives to me, is Truly given.  This means I can receive His Gifts any time and anywhere, wherever I am, in whatever circumstances I find myself.  My passage through "time" and "space" is all happening in my mind.  It is a mad journey in my mind so, I cannot help but be in the right place at the right time. Such is the Strength of God. Such are His Gifts.

I will have two 3-5 minutes practice periods today.  Repeat the idea for today slowly with eyes open, looking around me.  Then close my eyes and repeat the idea again, slowly.  After this, try to think of nothing except thoughts that occur to me in relation to today's idea.  I may be astonished at the amount of Course-related understanding some of my thoughts contain.  If no thoughts come to mind or distraction occurs, open my eyes and repeat today's idea once more while looking slowly around.  I do not need to generate a lot of effort.  Step back and let the thoughts come.  If this is difficult for me, spend the practice period repeating today's idea to myself slowly.

Repetitions of the idea throughout the day are beneficial.  Think about the many times I check my cell phone for messages, or browse the internet; I can surely train my mind to repeat today's idea at least as many times.  The idea for today is a early step in training my mind and bringing my thoughts together, teaching me that I am studying a Unified Thought System in which everything I need is present, and there is nothing contradictory or unimportant.

The more I repeat today's idea during the day, the more often I will be reminding myself that the goal of the Course is important to me.  It is all about creating new habits of mind.

"God is my Strength.  Vision is His Gift;"   OR    "The Cause is God. The Effect is Vision."  Repeat today's idea in a way that is meaningful for me.





No comments:

Post a Comment