Wisconsin, USA

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Lesson 39 ~ My Holiness is my salvation.

The ideas used for the workbook lessons are very simple, very clear and totally unambiguous.  This Course does not require that I perform intellectual triumphs or grand feats of logic.  ACIM deals only in the very obvious, which has been overlooked in the clouds of complexity in which my ego-mind works.

Fear and guilt are the hell I have created in my dream of being apart from God.  If fear and guilt are "hell," then recognizing my Holiness as God's Son is "salvation."

"My" salvation, is the "world's" salvation, because the world is a thought in my mind. If I heal my mind, the "world" is healed; "my" salvation is crucial to the "world's" salvation.  Yet I cannot rely on my own efforts or trust my own judgment at this point. I created a world of dreams ~ a world of insanity ~ it is clearly before my "vision" and this is where I must begin.  I cannot deny my current "reality" and still make any meaningful strides.  I will rely on One Who Knows.

My Holiness is the answer to every question that has ever been asked, is being asked now or will be asked in the future.  I may lament, "why did my beloved have to die?" and the answer is, 'my beloved is not dead...everything "out there" is only in my mind, there is no death, I will Awaken to Reality. I am the Holy Son of God.'  I agonize, "why did I have to have such a horrible childhood?" and learn the answer is, my "childhood" does not exist. Nothing outside me exists.  I am Safe in Heaven, dreaming of exile to a world apart from God.  It is only a dream.  I am the Holy Son of God, Safe in Heaven with my Father.'

I never left Heaven.  I just mentally "checked out."

Four, 5-minute practice periods are urged for today.  If I want to do more, it is recommended that I increased the frequency rather than the time involved.  My mind must get into the habit of turning to God whenever there is a "situation," "person" or "thought" that disrupts my peace of mind.  Begin by repeating today's idea to myself. Then close my eyes and search for unloving thoughts in whatever form they appear: uneasiness, depression, anger, fear, worry, impatience, attack, insecurity, etc. Whatever form they take, they are the opposite of Love and therefore fearful. It is from this fantasy of fear that I need to be saved.

I look for specific situations, events or personalities that I associate with unloving/fearful thoughts.  It is imperative that I "see" these differently.  It is my blessing on them that will help me do this, saving me from fantasy and offering me Vision.

"My ___(unloving, fearful, anxious, angry, insecure, etc)___ thoughts about _____ are keeping me entrenched in a dream of hell.  Recognize that I am the Holy Son of God and I will Awaken from this dream. My Holiness is my salvation."




No comments:

Post a Comment