Wisconsin, USA

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Lesson 44 ~ God is the Light in which I See

The world of illusions is only a dream in my mind, it is not Reality.  It is my own personal "hell;" an experience of being separated from God.  I create it anew over and over.  There is only NOW, and it is a dream of misery I present to myself in this moment of "now."  I have separated my dream into many parts, one of these parts is called the "past," another part is called the "future."  Past and future exist only in my dream, they are not Reality.  Another part of the dream is called "the world," yet another "the universe."  I have a "brother" over "here" and another "over there."

There is nothing outside myself, but my Powers of creation are such that I wholeheartedly believe in what I created, even dreams.  I can  understand this as well in the dream-world in the dreams I experience when I sleep at night; the sleeping-dream is my reality in the moment of sleep.

The story of the Prodigal Son can be understood as a simple version of the story of my creation of illusion.  I imagined an experience "apart from" God.  It is not possible to do this in Reality, but I am having a dream, or a thought, of the impossible. It is a thought I play over and over in my Awareness.  It seems very Real to me because I have Mighty creative powers.  But because it is an experience "apart from" God, it is not my Happy, Joyous, Loving, Eternal State of Awareness which is my Reality.  Since God is Light and Love, my "separation" experience in the dream is one of darkness and fear.  Light and darkness cannot coexist.  Only one will be in my Awareness at any given "time."

In order for me to See, I must recognize that Light is within me.  I do not see "outside" myself, and the equipment for Seeing is not outside me.  My "sight" in the world of illusions is not seeing at all. It is one illusion showing me other illusions.  Even if I was considered "blind" in the world of illusions, I would still be having an experience of separation; I would be having an illusory experience of being "blind" in a world of blindness (illusions).  True Vision has nothing to do with the body's eyes. Anything I see with eyeballs, feel with touch receptors, smell with my nose, taste with my tongue, or hear with my ears, is all illusion. There is nothing outside me. My Reality has nothing to do with anything I experience in a body.

What am I using to "see" when I dream at night?  My eyes are closed!  What am I using to "hear" in my dreams at night?  What am I using to feel?  Yet even in my nightly dreams I seem to be hearing and seeing and touching and feeling.

God is my Reality and His is the Light in which I See.  I have split my Awareness into individual experiences of sight, touch, taste, smell, hearing, etc.  Yet even in this world of illusions, I read of those who "hear" colors, or "feel" numbers when there is a glitch in the brain wiring.  But again there is nothing outside me.

Today, I attempt to reach God's Light, which makes Vision possible.  These exercises may be difficult for my undisciplined mind, yet they give me precisely what my untrained mind lacks.  This mind training must be accomplished if I am to See.  I work very, very hard to maintain the world of illusion, and to my illusory self, training my mind to learn of Reality may seem very difficult.  My ego may present strong resistance, but my mind is no longer wholly untrained.  While I practice these exercises, I leave illusions behind.  My ego (the part of me that believes I live in the world of illusions) may present strong resistance.  But my mind is no longer wholly undisciplined.  Heaven is my Guide.  God will take my small efforts and add them to the Strength of Reality, making great strides.   Reality is the most Easy and Natural State of Awareness.

Salvation is my release from hell.  Yet perceived by ego, salvation is a loss of identity and a descent into hell. My ego will resist.  If I can stand aside from ego even a little, I will have no difficulty in seeing that ego's opposition and fears are meaningless. Remind myself from time to time, that to reach Light is to escape from darkness. God is the Light in which I see and I am attempting to reach Him.  I am attempting something very Holy.  Salvation is my happiest accomplishment.  It is the only accomplishment in the world of illusions that has any meaning.

I should experience some sense of relaxation, possibly even a feeling that I am approaching Light. Light is Formless and Without Limit.  Think of this as I pass by thoughts of the world.  This world and all the thoughts I have about it have no power over me unless I give them power. My mind cannot be distracted unless distraction is what I choose.  Today I choose Reality.  I have not understood this before as a choice.

Three, 3-5 minutes practice periods today.  I can do more if I feel no sense of strain or anxiety. Repeat today's idea slowly.  Alternate with eyes open, then eyes closed.  Sink into my mind.  Let go of every kind of interference and intrusion.  God's Reality is the most Natural, Easy State.  Being of the "world" is very difficult for the Son of God and ego expends tremendous effort keeping me in the illusion.

"God is the Light in which I See."

No comments:

Post a Comment