Wisconsin, USA

Monday, December 3, 2012

Lesson 34 ~ I could experience Peace instead of this.

Peace of mind is clearly an internal matter.  It begins with my own thoughts and only then can it extend outward.  It is from my Peace of mind that a Peaceful perception of the world arises.

The idea for today describes the conditions that exist in the other way of Seeing and experiencing.

Three deliberate, five minute practice periods are required for today, with eyes closed. It is my inner world to which today's idea appeals.  Search my mind for fear thoughts. Remember fear is the opposite of Love and encompasses all adverse emotions:  hate, anxiety, depression, worry, etc.  Any emotion that is not some form of Love, is fear. Note my fear thoughts casually.  Repeat today's idea slowly.  Watch each thought come forward in my mind and then let it go to be replaced by the next. If my mind is being uncooperative, continue to repeat the idea to myself in an unhurried manner, without applying it to anything in particular.  Just do not specifically exclude anything.

Also apply today's idea whenever I feel my Peace of mind threatened in any way to protect my mind from any intrusive ego/illusory thoughts.  Repeat the idea until I feel some sense of relief.

"I could experience Peace instead of this."

No comments:

Post a Comment