Wisconsin, USA

Friday, December 14, 2012

Lesson 43 ~ God is my Source. I cannot See apart from Him.

"Perception" is the vision of the dream-world.  Knowledge is God's Realm.  I can think of the Truth of ACIM as the Great Mediator between perception and Knowledge. God is not divided, nor is His Son.  But I must learn of Heaven in the language of dreams in order to understand and remember Home.  If I were truly able to separate myself from God, perception and madness forever. Yet I can take heart and leap with Joy because I can never separate myself from my Source ~ EVER!   Only in dreams can it seem to be true.

There are many paths to God, ACIM will get me there faster.  ACIM is a Course in mind training. Heaven works with my mind where it thinks it is.  If I think I am in a world of illusion, then It will work with me there.  Truth's Help is Gentle and Soothing, and It's lessons are never forced.  Truth patiently awaits my acceptance.  It may take "thousands of lifetimes," but Truth will wait until I believe I am ready.  God is always there for me.  I make the choice to accept His Help.  He waits until I decide.

With the Help of Heaven and ACIM, my "perception" will become so changed and purified that it will lead to Knowledge.  Perception has no function in God, and does not exist.  Yet in salvation ~ which is the undoing of what never was ~ perception will take on a Mighty purpose.  Made by me to show me a world "apart from God," with Heaven perception will become the means for restoring Holiness to my Awareness. The only meaning perception has is the meaning God gives it. And God will use everything to bring me to Reality.  Healed "perception" becomes the means by which I (the Son of God) forgive my "brother" for what he did not do, and thus forgive myself.

I cannot "see" apart from God because I cannot be apart from God.  Whatever I do, I do in Him. Whatever I think, I think with the mind of God.  If I am seeing sadness and despair, or thinking thoughts that are anything but Love, I am indulging in a dream of madness.  It is not my Reality.

Three 5-minute practice periods are required today.  Repeat the idea for today with eyes open.  Then glance around and apply the idea to what I see.  Use four or five subjects.  For instance I can say, "God is my Source, I cannot see this desk apart from Him;" or, "God is my Source, I cannot see that picture apart from Him."  Do not purposefully include or exclude anything.  Let whatever relevant thoughts occur to me add to the idea in my own personal way.  Any thought related to today's idea is suitable.  If I am distracted, repeat only the thought for today.  This can be used when I am with someone else, stranger or friend; "God is the Source.  I cannot see you (stranger or friend) apart from Him."

"God is my Source.  I cannot See apart from Him."





No comments:

Post a Comment