Wisconsin, USA

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Lesson 47 ~ God is the Strength in which I trust.

If I continue to trust my own strength in this world of illusion, I have every reason to be anxious and fearful.  What have I been able to predict or control?  What in me can be counted on? What gives me the ability to be aware of all the facets of any problem and be able to resolve them in such a way that only good results?  What is there in me that recognizes the right solution to any problem and guarantees that it will be solved?

Of myself I can do none of these things.  To believe that I can is to put faith in an ego, in a body, in a world of illusion, and this will surely justify fear, anxiety, depression, anger and sorrow.  Who can put faith in weakness and feel safe?  Conversely, who can put faith in Strength.....and feel weak?

God is my Safety in every circumstance.  Truth speaks for Him in all situations and in every aspect of all situations, telling me exactly what to do when I call on His Strength and His Protection. There are no exceptions.

Today I will try to slip past all concerns related to my own sense of inadequacy.  Any situation that causes me concern is a good indication that I am feeling inadequate, for otherwise I would believe I could deal with the situation successfully.  It is not by trusting myself that I will gain confidence, but the Strength of God in me is successful in all things.

The recognition of my own frailty "apart from God" is necessary to correct all errors, but it is not sufficient in giving me the confidence I need ~ the confidence to which I am entitled as God's Son.  I must also have an Awareness that Confidence in my Real Strength (God) is fully justified in every respect and all circumstances.

Today I will try to reach into my mind to a place of Real Safety.  I will recognize that I have reached it when I feel a sense of deep Peace, however briefly.  I will let go all trivial things that churn and bubble on the surface of my mind.  I will reach  beyond them to the Kingdom of Heaven. There is a place in me where there is Perfect Peace. There is a place in me where nothing is impossible.  There is a place in me where the Strength of God is present.

Today I will try to reach past my weakness to the Source of Real Strength.  Four 5-minute practice periods are necessary, and longer and more frequent ones are urged. During the day, repeat the idea often and use it as my answer to any disturbance. Remember.....Peace is my right as God's Son. Give my trust to Him.

"God is the Strength in which I trust."

No comments:

Post a Comment