Wisconsin, USA

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Lesson 36 ~ My Holiness encompasses everything I see

I am Holy because my mind is joined with God's.  Because I am Holy, my Sight must be Holy as well.  "Sinless" means without sin.  I cannot be 'a little' sinless.  I am completely sinless or I am not.  My Holiness is related to God's Holiness and has nothing to do with my body, ego, the world, or anything I might "do" or "say."  I am Holy without effort on my part.  The Son of God is what and who I am.

I have forgotten who I am in creating my world of illusions, a world "apart from" God which exists only in dreams.  I created "separation" as my reality and in this I wholeheartedly believe.  What the Son of God creates he believes in, even if it is only a dream. Nothing outside me exists, though I obviously think it does.  That is the Power of Creation.  I am a very Powerful being because I am my Father's Son.  Though what I seemed to create is "apart from" God ~ an "opposite" to God so to speak.  It is not possible in Reality to be apart from God.  It is possible to indulge in a dream or a fantasy, yet it can never be called Real.

I am Holy because I am joined with God.  My Reality is with God.  God is within me and all around me.  There is nowhere God is not.  I do not experience Him while I am preoccupied with dreaming. ACIM, along with Heaven, is helping my mind to "wake up;" to recognize dreams vs. Reality.  I have taught myself to believe in dreams.  I am learning to question the reality of those dreams and remember my True State of Being.

It is suggested that I do four, 3-5 minute practice periods today.  Close my eyes and repeat today's idea slowly, several times.   Then open my eyes and look around, applying the idea casually to whatever I see.  Alternate with doing the exercise with eyes closed, then eyes open.  All applications should be done slowly and effortlessly. For example, "my Holiness encompasses that rug;" "my Holiness encompasses that wall;" "my Holiness encompasses these fingers."

"My Holiness encompasses everything I see."

What I see is only a reflection ~ a symbol ~ of what is in my mind.  I can indulge in fantasy, or I can indulge in Reality.  Do I want fear, sorrow, grief, angst, depression, worry and anxiety, or do I want Peace?  I can exchange "seeing" for Sight.  It is not a matter of destroying the "world" and putting Heaven in its place.  There is no "world." It is a matter of choosing Reality over dreams.  It is really a choice.  I am learning to choose differently.





No comments:

Post a Comment