Wisconsin, USA

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Lesson 140 ~ Speak to me Father, that I may be healed.

"Cure" is a word that cannot be applied to any remedy the world accepts.  What the world perceives as therapeutic is only what will make the "body" better. The body is an illusion. "Healing" is an illusion within the illusion.  Perfection/Heaven/Love requires no healing. The body could never be hurt in any way unless the mind instructs it to be.  Sickness is not of the body, but of the mind.  It is the mind that requires healing.

My body is neither sick nor healed.....I merely dream that I am sick, and in the dream I may find a magic formula to make me well, whether it be a pill, surgery, radiation, therapy, etc.  The world's "healing" can make only the body seem to improve, but again, it is not the body which requires healing.  Whether or not the body is healed makes no difference because either way, the mind has not Awakened from the dream and remains exactly as it was before.....I still have not seen the Light that would Awaken me and end the dream.  What difference does the content of a dream make in Reality? I am either asleep in a dream or Awake in Reality.  There is nothing in between.

God's Holy Lessons bring happy dreams.   Forgiveness does not let the mind perceive another form of sleep.  Happy dreams are signs of the dawning of Truth upon my mind. They lead from sleep to a gentle waking, where dreams are gone forever. God's Lessons cure for all Eternity.  The mind which understands that sickness is nothing but a dream is not deceived by the many forms the dream takes.  Sickness is guilt made physical.  Where guilt is absent, there can be no sickness.  God's Plan does not heal "sickness," it takes away the guilt that makes sickness possible, and that is cure indeed and for all Eternity.

God is blocked from the mind preoccupied with dreams of sin, death, and guilt.  Yet there is no place where God isl not.  I am Safe in Heaven, dreaming of separation from God.  And while I cherish the dream, God seems lost to me.

Only the mind needs "healing," or Awakening.  When the mind is healed, the dream has disappeared. Today I practice changing my mind about what it is I desire.  Do I desire dreams which bring me nothing, or do I desire to return to my Father and my Reality in Love, Happiness, Joy, Unity, and Peace for All Eternity?  Do I desire death, destruction, boredom, restlessness, sadness, and separation from those I love? Or do I want the dead to rise, destruction turned to Wholeness, boredom and restlessness replaced with Peace, sadness turned to Joy, and separation to disappear into Unity?

In the dream, I do not know what I want.  I search and search and keep searching. ACIM is a Course in mind training.  My mind is dreaming a dream of separation, and it wanders in chaos and insanity.  Today I will try to find the Source of healing, which is in my mind because my Father placed it there as soon as my thoughts began to wander.  Healing is as near to me as my own thoughts.  I only need look for it and it will be found. It cannot fail to be found.  "Seek and you shall find; knock and the door will be opened to you, Matthew 7:7."

I will not be misled by dreams.  Today I go beyond "appearances" reaching the Source of healing which God placed in my mind.   I will lay aside my amulets, charms, medicines, chants and bits of magic in whatever form they take.  I will be still and listen for the Voice of healing.  When my mind is healed, the world will heal.  It is only my mind which needs healing, for there is nothing outside of it.  Mind is the only Reality.  When illusions end, Peace returns to the sleeping mind, which remains at Home in the Eternal, Stillness of God.

Let God speak to me five minutes as the day begins and as the day ends, and every hour in between.  I am learning to prepare my mind to lay illusions aside.  I ask the Father to speak to me today, that I may be healed.  I will feel salvation cover me with Soft Protection and a Peace so deep that no illusion can disturb my mind.  This is the day when separation ends, and I remember Who I really Am.

"Speak to me Father, that I may be healed."


No comments:

Post a Comment