Wisconsin, USA

Friday, March 29, 2013

Lesson 138 ~ Heaven is a decision I must make.

In the world of dreams I think all things have an opposite and what I want I choose.  So if Heaven exists there must be hell as well, for opposition and contradiction are the way I created the world of illusion. I think opposition is part of being "real."  It is this strange perception of "truth" makes the choice of Heaven seem to be the same as the relinquishment of hell.  This is no so.  What is True in God's Creation cannot be perceived in the world of dreams until it is presented in a form the world can understand. Truth cannot enter where it could only be perceived with fear. Opposites and opposition make Truth unwelcome.

"Choice" is the only escape from what appears to be a series of choices.  I need to be reminded when I think a thousand choices are confronting me, that there is only one alternative from which to choose.  This one alternative only seems to be a choice.  For illusions are nothing and Heaven is All There Is.  There is only one choice and when that one is made, I will understand that it was no choice at all but an Awakening to Reality.  Truth is True, and nothing else is true.  There is no opposite or contradiction in Truth.  Heaven knows no opposite.

Decisions are outcomes of my learning and rest on what I have accepted as "truth." Choosing depends on learning and Truth cannot be learned only recognized.  In this insanely complicated world, Heaven only appears to take the form of choice, rather than merely being What It Is.  Of all choices, Heaven is the easiest. It is the decision which settles all decisions.

I created "time" to show me a world apart from Heaven.  A world where hell is real, hope changes to despair, and life ends in death....in death alone are opposites resolved.  In the world of dreams, death is seen as salvation, and life is seen as conflict, and resolving conflict is the end of life. "Salvation" is hell, and "heaven" is the end of all I know and love.  These insane beliefs gain an unconscious hold of great intensity that grip my mind with terror and anxiety.

The lessons in the Course use "time" to Awaken me to Truth, which is the only good use of time.  The choice for Heaven cannot be made until alternatives are accurately seen and understood for what they are.  A world veiled in shadows must be judged again....this time with Heaven's Help.  Truth dismisses all my "sins" and "mistakes," and their nothingness is recognized.  Who can fail to make a choice between alternatives when only one is seen as Valuable and True?

Do I want insanity? Hate? Vengeance? Fear? Chaos? Turmoil? Death?  Is this what I want in place of Heaven?  "The world is not always like this," I try to rationalize. Yet, am I experiencing absolute Peace?  Absolute, Lasting, Eternal Love and Joy? Am I One with All That Is, Safe and Secure?

The world of dreams holds no terror now, for what seemed enormous, vengeful, and pitiless with hate is now recognized as a foolish, trivial fantasy. I make the choice for Heaven today.  I recognize that I make a conscious choice between what has Existence and Reality and what is nothing at all. Twice today for longer periods, and briefly each hour in between I will declare my choice for Heaven and Sanity.  Heaven is a decision I must make.  I make it now and will not change my mind, because It is the only thing I want.

"Heaven is my choice."

No comments:

Post a Comment