Wisconsin, USA

Friday, March 8, 2013

Lesson 119 ~ Review III

#1  ~  "Truth will correct all errors in my mind if I accept Truth in place of illusions."

Will I obsessively ruminate about the things that annoy, sadden, anger and/or irk me, or will I replace those insane thoughts with Thoughts of Truth, such as the ideas in these lessons?  AA, NA, Al-Anon, etc., offer easily memorized phrases to repeat over and over, when my mind cannot stop that "stinkin' thinkin'", such as: 'this too shall pass;' 'one day (second/minute/hour)at a time;' 'let go and let God.'  Even in the dream I can find Truth.  The ACIM workbook also gives me short phrases about Truth, that go beyond (but not intended to replace) what those programs offer, to replace the insane thoughts in my mind.  ACIM goes beyond what these programs teach because it deals with the problem where it is:  in the mind.  And teaches that there is nothing outside me.  I am mistaken when I think I can be hurt in any way.  The Son of God rests in the Mind of His Father.  I am the Son of God not in theory, but in Truth.  It is my ONLY Reality.  I am dreaming of another "reality" but it has no substance and will disappear when I allow Truth to take its place.


#2  ~  "To give and to receive are One in Truth."

I will forgive all things today to learn to accept Truth in me and come to recognize my Innocence. When God gives me a Gift, it is not complete until I accept It. The circle of Creation longs for Completion.  God does not do battle with my insane dreams.  He merely offers Truth and waits for me to accept.  He know I am Safe in Heaven with Him and that nothing can harm me in any way.  He whispers to me of Heaven, tells me I am Loved and waits for me to accept the Gifts He offers.  I do not "like" my insane dreams and the madness they bring my mind, but I believe in their "reality." Just as the Father believes in His Creations, the Son also believes in his.  I believe I separated myself from God.  I desired to experience a world "apart from" God.  Being apart from God is not possible in Reality, but in fantasy anything is possible. Time and space exist only in dreams.  Bodies exist only in dreams. The only Reality is the One Mind.  I cannot even think apart from God.  But I CAN occupy my mind with thoughts of madness in dreams of illusions, though they can never be Real.  Like the story of the Prodigal Son, I wanted to experience "life" "apart from" my Father.  I can return Home. I am Home.






No comments:

Post a Comment