Wisconsin, USA

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Lesson 137 ~ When my mind heals, the world heals.

Sickness is a retreat and a shutting off from others; it is a door that closes on a separate self, keeping it isolated and alone.  Sickness is isolation.  It seems to keep one self apart from all the rest, to suffer what "others" do not feel. It gives the body final power to make separation real and keep the mind in a solitary prison, split apart and held in pieces by a solid wall of sickened flesh.

The world of illusion obeys the laws that sickness serves. Sickness witnesses to a world apart from God, for in sickness am I apart and separate. Sickness proves that the separation from God is "true."

My eyes are accustomed to illusions and must be shown by One Who Knows that what they see is false.  Healing, never needed by the Truth, must demonstrate that sickness is not Real.

Healing, too, is an illusion within the illusion.  It cancels out the dream of sickness in the name of Truth.   But Truth Itself does not need healing.  Just as forgiveness overlooks sins that never were, healing dispels illusions that never happened.  Healing offers restitution for imagined states and false ideas with dreams embroidered into pictures of "truth."  Healing operates apart from the laws of the world.  Healing demonstrates Truth.  To be healed is to accept the simple Truth that I am not separated from God, nor lost in a world of dreams.

The anti-Christ is more powerful than Christ when I believe the world is real.  The body seems to be more solid and stable than the mind;  Love becomes a dream, while fear remains the one "reality" that can be seen and justified and fully understood.

Just as forgiveness shines away all sin, healing replaces fantasies of sickness.  When sickness disappears in spite of all the "laws" that claim it real, then questions have been answered and the world's laws can no longer be cherished nor obeyed.

Healing is Freedom; for dreams will not prevail against Truth.  Healing is a return to Oneness; for the world of dreams is separation, but God's Kingdom is United.  Healing is Strength; for by its gentle hand is weakness and separation overcome.

Healing, forgiveness and the glad exchange of the world of sorrow and separation for a state of mind where sadness cannot enter, are the means by which God urges me to follow Him. His Gentle lessons teach me how easily salvation is mine.  His Life becomes my own, as I give Him the little help He asks in freeing me from everything that ever caused me pain.

As I let myself be healed, "the world" that never was will seem to heal until it is no more.  What is opposed to God does not exist.  Here are all illusions brought to Truth. Ask the Inevitable to occur and I will never fail.  Today I ask that only Truth occupy my mind and that thoughts of healing will be mine today. I will remember as each hour passes to let my mind be healed. I will exchange every curse for a blessing, pain for Joy, and separation for the Peace of God.  Is not a minute of every hour worth giving to receive a Gift like this?  Is not a small fraction of nothing a small price to pay for the Gift of Everything?

Yet I must be prepared for such a Gift.  Twice today, morning and evening, I will take ten minutes to think thoughts of healing.  When my mind heals, that healing will be reflected from the world that seems "outside" me.  I am God's Son, Safe in Heaven, dreaming of exile to a world of fantasy apart from Him.  I will accept healing this very day.  Then I will rest in quiet, to be prepared to receive the Word of God in place of all the foolish thoughts that were ever imagined.  For all attack, I offer a blessing.  Bless all I seem to see; bless all those who seem to be outside myself for as I heal, they are healed with me.

"When my mind heals, the world heals."





No comments:

Post a Comment