Wisconsin, USA

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Lesson 131 ~ When I seek Truth, I cannot fail to find It.

Failure is all around me while I pursue goals that cannot be achieved in the world of dreams.  I look for permanence in the impermanent, for love where there is none, for safety in the midst of danger, and immortality in a dream of death.  The world is a fantasy created for contradiction and instability....to give me an experience "apart from" God.

Meaningless goals cannot be achieved.  Everything in the world leads to death.  I seem to be looking for "life" but whatever I pursue in the world leads to death.  I look for safety and security, but in my heart I pray for change and excitement.  Searching is inevitable in the world of dreams.  I will search and search, but never find.  Yet I can change my goal.  I am still free to choose a goal that lies beyond every worldly thought; one that comes to me from idea long ago given up, yet still remembered; old, yet new; an echo of a Inheritance forgotten holding everything I really want.

The world will always require a "search" for something.  But I can change my goal to search for Heaven.  If I desire this goal, I cannot fail to reach it.  I can delay and wander about in the world of madness; I can deceive myself and think I want hell. When I am wrong, I will find Gentle correction. When I wander off, I am Softy led back to my appointed task.

I will not remain in hell.  I cannot be apart from my Creator.  I cannot tarnish His Perfect, Timeless, Unchanging Love.  I will find Heaven.  Anything else I seek will fall away.  Not because it was taken from me.  It will go because I do not want it.  God created me in Sinlessness.  I will reach the goal I really want.

Why wait for Heaven?  It is here today.  "Time" is the great illusion.  Heaven seems to be in the past or in the future, yet this is only fantasy.  What God Wills is Now.  I am Safe in Heaven, dreaming of exile to a place apart from God.  Now is the only "time" in the dream world that comes close to the experience of Eternity.

Heaven is the only alternative to the strange world I made.  The world of madness with its shifting patterns, uncertain goals, painful pleasures and tragic joys.  God's Creation is not split in two.  How could God's Son be in hell, when God Himself Willed the Son to be in Heaven?  Could I lose what God gave me?  What God Wills is present now, beyond the reach of time.

I think there is a world of madness which opposes Heaven.  I believe I live in this world which does not exist and Heaven seems to be the place I seemingly cannot find. Today I choose Truth in place of illusions.

I will leave foolish thoughts behind today and turn my mind to thoughts of Truth instead.  I cannot fail to find Truth when it is Truth I seek. Whatever I desire I will find. If I desire illusions I will find them.  If I desire Heaven I will find It.  Between illusions and Heaven, only one of them is Real. Only one is True.  Only one will bring Happiness, Joy, Peace and Love.......Eternally.

Today I devote ten minutes, three times today, asking only for Truth.  I ask to see a different Thought from those I made;  the thoughts I think in the world of insanity are not my Real Thoughts.  The world I see is a thought in my mind.  Heal my thoughts, I heal the "world" and it disappears as I Awaken to Truth.

For several minutes I will watch my mind and see the senseless world I think is real. Review the thoughts I think which are compatible with the world.  Then let them go, and sink into the Holy Place within me where dreams can not enter.  Then I will use this guided imagery provided by the Course: Imagine a door beneath the world of dreams.  Before I try to open it, remind myself that I cannot fail to reach Truth, when it is Truth I seek.  See how easily the door swings open with my one goal to go beyond it to Truth.  Angels Light the way so that all darkness vanishes and I am standing in a Light so Bright and Clear that I understand all things I see.  A tiny moment of surprise makes me pause before I realize that what I see before me reflects the Truth I once knew, yet did not quite forget by wandering away in dreams.

I cannot fail today.  Heaven walks with me.  Today God keeps His ancient promise to His Holy Son and the Son remembers his own ancient promise to His Father.  Today is a day of gladness, for I have come to the appointed time and place where I find the goal of all the searching and seeking of the world, which comes to an end as I pass beyond the door.

Today I will avoid dismal thoughts and meaningless complaints.  Today is set by Heaven to be a time of salvation for my mind and the "world" in my mind.  Today I will seek and find all I want.  When I seek Truth, I cannot fail.

"When I seek Truth, I cannot fail to find It."

No comments:

Post a Comment