Wisconsin, USA

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Lesson 121 ~ Forgiveness: my key to Happiness

Today's lesson is the answer in my search for Peace; the key to meaning in a world that makes no sense; the way to Safety from dangers that appear to threaten me at every turn.  Here are all questions answered and the end of  madness guaranteed at last.

My insane and unforgiving mind is full of fear and offers Love no room to be Itself.  My unforgiving mind sadly peers around in misery, unable to see, but certain that danger lies just around the corner. It is torn with doubt, and confused about itself and all it sees.  I have been afraid and angry, weak and stumbling....afraid to move ahead, afraid to stay.....afraid to face the day, afraid to go to sleep....afraid of every sound, yet more afraid of stillness....terrified of darkness, yet more terrified at the approach of Light.  The unforgiving mind can only perceive its own damnation.  What can it see except proof that insanity is "real?"

My unforgiving mind does not see mistakes, but only deadly "sins."  I look on a world "outside" myself with sightless eyes, and cower in fear as the projections of my mind are reflected back to me.  I want to live, yet often wish I were dead.  I see no hope.  My unforgiving mind is in despair, seeing only a future that holds out more despair.

I do not realize that I am doing this to myself.  I have condemned myself to this despair and see no hope of change.  I ask no questions, because I think I already know the answers, and am certain I am right.

Forgiveness is a dream within the dream, but a dream used to Awaken me to Reality. Forgiveness helps me let go of the "world" I thought I made and the "self" I thought I was, and let it all disappear. Forgiveness helps return my mind to Oneness.

I created the "world" to give me an experience of being "apart from" God.  God uses what I created for His Own Purposes which Awaken me to Reality.  Every thought, every action of "another" presents me with an opportunity to forgive, and release myself from the hell I created.  As I practice forgiveness, I will learn forgiveness.  My ego wanders aimlessly in an apparent existence apart from God, having to make a life for itself in a world that has no mercy.  I seem to make choices and decisions on my own which lead me to a life which depends on "good" or "bad" choices and their subsequent results.  The fact is, I am lost in a dream.  The Reality is, I can do nothing without God or "apart from" God, not because I am helpless and small, but because I am God's Son and He Wills that I am with Him, sharing in His Kingdom.  God's Will is my will as well, but I have forgotten this in my choice to dream.

Today I practice forgiveness.  Not as the world teaches forgiveness, but as God instructs.  In my experience of separation, I do not perceive that giving and receiving are the same.  But through my practice of forgiveness, I will understand that as I forgive, I am forgiven.

I will practice forgiveness with someone I consider an enemy, AND one whom I consider a friend.  They are one and the same.  As I learn to see them both as one, I will extend this lesson to myself.  My "brother's" salvation is my own.

I will think of someone I do not like, actively hate or would just as soon ignore. Someone who irritates me, or would cause me upset or discomfort if I would see them now.  Picture this person in my mind and just look at them awhile.  Picture a light in them somewhere; a little gleam I had not noticed before.  Picture a little Spark of Brightness shining through the ugly picture I hold of them.  Look at this picture until I see a Light somewhere within it.  Extend this Light until it fully covers them and makes the picture Beautiful and Good.  Then look at this changed picture a while. Now picture someone I consider a friend.  Transfer the Light I learned to see around my "enemy" to my "friend."  Let both "enemy" and "friend" now bless me with the Light which I gave them.  They are One with me and I with them.  This is no mere illusion. This is more Real that the "reality" I think I see outside myself.  I have now been forgiven by myself.  There is no "other" outside myself.  But while I continue to see "others," I can practice this exercise with everyone and everything that seems to disrupt my peace.  I can use the world of dreams for God's Purposes, which are for my Awakening.  I do nothing on my own or apart from God.  Everything that leads to Happiness and Joy is done in Oneness with God.

Forgiveness is the key to Happiness.  I will Awaken from the dream and know I am the Perfect Son of God.

"Forgiveness: my key to Happiness"






No comments:

Post a Comment