Wisconsin, USA

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Lesson 127 ~ There is no Love but God's.

It seems that different kinds of love are possible.  There is a kind of love for this and a kind for that; a way of loving one person and a different way of loving another. I believe that I can love at times and hate at other times; that love can be given to one, and withheld from another.  To believe these things of Love is not to understand It. In the world of distinction and separation, I have attempted to be distinct and separate with Love.

Love is One.  It has no separate parts or different degrees.  There are no levels or distinctions.  Love is Changeless and Constant.  It does not alter with person or circumstance.  Love is the Heart of God and also of His Son.

The meaning of Love is hidden to me if I think Love can change with the person or circumstance. Changing Love is not possible.  Love never judges and it looks on all as One.  There is no Love except for God's Love.  Love has no opposite.  Its Wholeness is the Power holding everything as One; It is the link between the Father and Son which holds them forever as One.

There is no difference in what I am in Reality and what Love is.  Love's Meaning is my own, shared by God Himself.  What God Is, I am.  There is no Love but God's and what God is, is Everything There Is.  There are no limits on God and none on His Son.

No laws in the "world" can help me understand Love's meaning.  I created the world to have an experience "apart from" God, therefore, the world was made to hide Love's Meaning, keeping it dark and secret.  Everything in the world violates the Truth of what Love Is and what I am as well.

I will never find any answers in the world.  I will never find my Self in the world.  Love is not found outside me.  Love is not found in darkness and death.  Yet Love is perfectly apparent to those who seek Truth.

Today, I will free my mind of all the laws I think I must obey, the limits under which I live and all the changes I think are part of human destiny.  Today I take the largest single step this Course requests of me.  If I perceive the smallest glimmering of what Love means today, I will advance beyond measure, unbound by time and space. There is no better use for "time" than this.

For fifteen minutes twice today, I will escape every law in which I now believe.  I will open my mind and rest.  The world which seems to hold me prisoner can be escaped when I do not hold it dear.  I will withdraw all value I have placed upon the world's meager offerings and senseless gifts, and let the Love of God replace them all.

I will call to my Father certain that His Voice will answer me.  He Himself has promised this.  God Himself will place a Spark of Truth within my mind wherever I lay aside the dark teachings of the world of illusion.  God will shine through my idle thoughts today and help me understand the Truth about Love.  In Loving Gentleness He goes with me as I allow His Voice to teach Love's Meaning to my open mind.  He will bless today's lesson with His Love.

My only Reality is the Timelessness of Heaven.  I will give thanks today that I am spared an insane future like the insane past in this world of dreams.  Today I leave the past behind me as the dream it is, no longer to be remembered as a source of guilt.  I will raise my eyes to the Timelessness of Reality, where a future dawns unlike the past in every way.

As my mind heals, it will appear that the world also grows in health and strength while I still see a world before me.  Hate turns into Love and enemies turn into friends.  All those who seem to be outside and apart from me will heal as I heal.  All are made Free with me, because the world is a dream in my mind.  When I give only Love, I give it to myself.  When I give hatred, judgment, envy and jealousy, I pollute my mind and keep it in bondage to the dream.  There is only Oneness and if I leave "part" of myself outside the circle of Love, I become blind to my Reality.

Bless all brothers with the Love of God, which is also my Love...my Reality.  There is no Love but God's and mine and everyone's........which is the Oneness of Reality.

"There is no Love but God's."




No comments:

Post a Comment