Wisconsin, USA

Friday, November 2, 2012

Lesson 9 ~ I see nothing as it is now.

It is difficult for the untrained mind to believe that what it seems to see is not there. This idea can be quite disturbing.  In studying ACIM, my mind may actively resist this idea in any number of forms.  Yet each small step will clear a little of the darkness away, and Understanding will come to Lighten every corner of my mind.

I may be able to accept this idea intellectually, but it is unlikely I will understand fully as of yet. However, understanding is not necessary at this point.  In fact, the recognition that I do not understand is needed for undoing false ideas.  These exercises are concerned with practice, not understanding, for I would not need to practice what I already understood.

Three or four times today, for a minute or so randomly (not including or excluding anything in particular) look around and apply this idea:   "I do not see this keyboard as it is now;"  "I do not see this cell phone as it is now;"  "I do not see this arm as it is now;" "I do not see that door as it is now;" "I do not see that face as it is now;" "I do not see that fish tank as it is now."

Remember, little effort is required.  The exercises should not make me anxious.  If they do, stop.

I need only do my small part.  God has accomplished the rest.  It is done.  I only need Awaken to Reality.  God will adjust "time" and "space" in my world, and my small efforts will benefit everyone.  If the world outside me is only in my mind, when my mind heals, the "world" heals.

No comments:

Post a Comment