Wisconsin, USA

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Lesson 22 ~ Everything I see witnesses to my "separation" from God.

Any thought not Love, is fear or some form of fear (annoyance, attack, judgment, anger, grief, sadness, impatience, etc).  If I hold fearful thoughts in my mind, I will see a fearful world.  If I hold attack thoughts in my mind, I will see a world of attack.  If I hold sad thoughts in my mind, I will see a sad world.  If my thoughts are hopeless, I will see a hopeless world.  I project my thoughts outward, creating the world I see.  If I change my thoughts, I change the world.

If I project angry thoughts onto the world, I will see vengeance all around me.  My own counter-attack will then be perceived as self defense.  This thinking becomes a vicious circle, until I am willing to change how I think.  Otherwise, thoughts of attack and counter-attack will preoccupy my mind and fill my entire world.  Is there any peace of mind possible for me?

I want to escape these savage fantasies.  Is it not Joyous news to hear that the world's insanity is not Real?  Is it not a happy discovery to find that I can escape this madness?  I made the world and everyone in it and created all circumstances and situations.  Everything I hate and "love" about this world and those in it, I have created.  Yet I now learn that none of it exists because it is only fantasy.

Five times today, for a minute or so, look at the world around me. Let my eyes move slowly from one object to the next, from one body to another, saying to myself:  "I see nothing Real.  What I see I have created to separate myself from God. Is this really what I want to see?" This answer is obvious.

No comments:

Post a Comment