Wisconsin, USA

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Lesson 24 ~ I do not perceive my own best interests.

What I do is determined by my perception of the situation.  My perception in the world of illusions, is insane.  In my insanity, I do not know my own best interests.  In NO situation do I realize the outcome that would make me Happy.  If I were Aware of Reality, my "best interests" would be the only goal in any situation.  The idea for today is a step toward opening my mind so learning can begin.

For a couple minutes search my mind, with eyes closed, for unresolved issues about which I am concerned.  A few situations, honestly and carefully considered will be more helpful than trying to examine a large number of them.  Think about the goal I want for each situation.  I will quickly realize that I have a number of goals in mind as part of the desired outcome and that my goals are on different levels often conflicting with each another.

Name each issue or situation, and then name as many goals as possible that I think would resolve the situation.  Try to uncover as many different kinds of outcomes that occur to me, even if they do not appear to be directly related to the situation.  Say to myself, "In the situation involving _____, I would like _____ to happen, and _____ to happen, and _____ to happen, etc."  Then after considering all the outcomes say, "I still do not perceive my own best interests in this situation."

If this exercise is done properly, I will quickly realize that I am making a large number of demands that have nothing to do with the situation.  I will also recognize that many of my goals are contradictory, that I have no unified outcome in mind and that I will experience disappointment in connection with some of my goals however the situation turns out.


No comments:

Post a Comment