Wisconsin, USA

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Lesson 26 ~ My fear thoughts attack my Invulnerability.

The story of the prodigal son can be thought of as the story of the "creation" of the dream-world.  I mentally ran away to hide from my Father. Thought is the only Reality and there is nothing outside of It.

My Reality is Pure Love, Joy, Serenity, Wholeness. God is All of These and They can be summed up in one word:  Love. Yet I seemed to create the opposite, which is not hate but the absence of Love. The absence of Love, Joy, Serenity, Wholeness would be fear.  Take a being out of its environment and it becomes disoriented and fearful. That is my current "reality."  Yet no one has done this to me, I have done it to myself by my choice.  And I choose it over and over.

I see myself not as the Son of God, but as a body which can attack and be attacked, and can die. No longer am I Invulnerable, but as a body apart from God, I seemed to have created an alternate reality, projected it outside of myself and now see myself at the mercy of it.

I must learn how to think again, not apart from God (Love, Reality, etc), but with God.

I am the Son of God believing and putting all my faith in a world apart from God, making myself small and vulnerable.  Because I believe in this world, I can no longer believe in myself as the Invulnerable Son of God.  A false image of myself has come to take the place of what I really am. Everything and everyone I see, is the result of me creating this experience.  Nothing except my thoughts can make me think I am in a body in a world, apart from my Creator.  And nothing except my thoughts can bring me back to Reality.

If there is only One Son (and I am he) then anything thought I have which judges, condemns or attacks anyone or anything, is only hurting myself keeping me trapped in a insane thought-cycle that has created my current reality.  God works with me from inside this false reality, using what I created to separate myself from Him for His Own Purposes bringing me back to Him.  Not against my will, but with the part of me which remembers my desire for Happiness, Wholeness, Love and Peace.

Six practice periods today, for 1-2 minutes each, depending on how my mind tolerates the exercises (there should be no anxiety or strain), review the things in my current reality causing me concern.  The concern may take the form of depression, worry, anger, a sense of imposition, fear, foreboding or preoccupation.  Then think about every possible outcome.  If I am doing the exercises properly, I will have five or six distressing possibilities available for each situation, probably even more.  Start this way, "I am concerned about _____. I am afraid _____ will happen.  This thought is an attack upon myself and keeps me separated from Reality."

No comments:

Post a Comment