Wisconsin, USA

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Lesson 12 ~ I am upset because I see a meaningless world.

The ACIM workbook lessons waste no time.  I am immediately given specific tasks to change my insane thinking........moving from one task to the next each day.  ACIM tells me right away that it is not the exclusive road to Heaven.  There are many roads all leading to God.  ACIM, though, will get me there faster.  Why waste time?

There is ONE reason for all upset, anxiety, sadness, grief, despair, etc.........the ONE reason for any emotion other than Love is:  I believe I have separated myself from God.  This seems utterly ridiculous at first especially if I just buried a loved one, my spouse asked for a divorce, I lost my job, or I suffer from clinical depression.  If I am going through some major upset with strong, overwhelming negative emotions, it may not be the time to plunge into A Course In Miracles. However, when I have gained reprieve and hindsight, and have attained calm in my life, I may be able to handle its mind-shifting ideas.

Today's idea contains correction for a MAJOR perceptual distortion.

I think that what upsets me is:  a frightening world; a sad world; a violent world; an insane world; the Republicans; the Democrats; addicts; jerky people.

ACIM tells me that "I" give the world all these attributes.  My MIND has created the world I seem to see.  I am the puppet master hiding behind all the puppets.  I am the producer/director/makeup artist/hair designer/costumer/every actor in this "movie" called "The World and My Life In It."

ACIM gives me baby steps in order to come to Truth.  I am asked to question everything I believe and everything I seem to see and experience.  The world is meaningless, because it exists only as a thought in my mind.  A false thought at that. My Reality is the Thoughts I think with God, because I am a part of God.  If I seem to be experiencing anything else, it is false.

Today's lesson asks me, three or four times today, to slowly look around.  Shift my gaze, easily and evenly, from one thing to the next.  Giving all things, "good" or "bad" my equal attention.  Why am I to include even the "good?"  "Good" implies there is something "bad."  A "satisfying world" implies and "unsatisfying world."  These seeming qualities or contradictions, do not matter.  There are no contradictions, opposites or variations in quality with God.  Include everything as a suitable subject:  "I think I see a (fearful/dangerous/hostile/sad/wicked/crazy) world, but I am upset because I see a world that is not there (a meaningless world).  

What is meaningless is neither good nor bad.  Why, then, should a meaningless world upset me?  If I could accept the world as meaningless and let Truth be written in its place, I would be indescribably Happy.

My thoughts of the world are meaningless, because the "world" does not exist.  Yet in my guilt, I am compelled to write the world's story. The world is "real" for me. I created it into "existence" when I thought I separated myself from God.  I seem to see a world apart from God. Yet I am Safe in Heaven, dreaming of exile. The Word of God is written all around me, yet I refuse to "see" it.  The physical does not exist.  Thought is my only Reality.  I am God's Thought.

This Truth may upset me, but when my dreams have been erased, I will experience only Heaven.  This is the ultimate purpose of these exercises.

No comments:

Post a Comment