Wisconsin, USA

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Lesson 8 ~ My mind is preoccupied with past thoughts.

The mind's preoccupation with the past is the reason I really do not see or understand anything. The only things I "see," are my thoughts projected outward. My mind cannot grasp the present, which is the only "time" there is.  In its current state of insanity, the mind does not understand "time" or anything else.

The only completely True thought about the past is that it is not here in the present. The "past" does not exist at all, but I will deal with that idea separately. To think about the past at all, is to think about illusions.  When the mind thinks about the past or anticipates the future it is actually blank, because it is thinking about illusions, therefore thinking about nothing Real at all.

Today, with God Guiding me, I begin to train my mind to recognize this non-thinking state.  While thoughtless ideas preoccupy my mind, Truth is blocked.   Recognizing that my mind is merely blank rather than believing it is filled with Real ideas, is the first step in opening the way to Vision.

Today, do these exercises with eyes closed to remind me that, anything "outside" me is not Real.

Four or five times today, with my eyes closed (and as little effort as possible), search my mind for a minute or so, merely noting the thoughts I find there.  Name each thought by the central figure or theme it contains and pass on to the next.  With each thought say, "I seem to be thinking about _____ (person, object, or emotion), but my mind is preoccupied with thoughts of the past."

If I find myself becoming anxious, three or four times is plenty.  It may be helpful to include my anxiety, or any emotion that the idea conjures, for instance, "I feel anxious when I seem to be thinking about _____, but my mind is preoccupied with thoughts of the past."


No comments:

Post a Comment