Wisconsin, USA

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Lesson 25 ~ I do not understand what anything is for.

"Ego" is the "me" which has created a "reality" apart from God.  I perceive the world and everything in it as meaningful in terms of ego; in terms of proving to me that I am separated from God.  I am Safe in Heaven, dreaming of exile.  What I do not seem to understand at this time, is that everything ~ EVERYTHING ~ is in my own best interests!  I am the Son of God and Heaven is all around me but I do not see It, because I have chosen another "reality" for myself.  But I can remind myself who I am, Where I am and that I have nothing to fear.

"Ego" is not who I am, but I have taught myself a differently.  With Heaven guiding me Gently and Lovingly, I will Awaken to Reality. God will not say, "wake up fool, you are in Heaven! TaDa!".  He will not erase the dream I have so painstakingly created. This dream was my choice.  He never goes against my choice...my will.  Yet I remain in the dream I created....lamenting the world, wringing my hands at all its injustice, crying in grief for those who seem to "die," all the while safe in his arms.  Like a child fearing monsters under the bed and ghostly figures in the window at night, God knows my fears are unfounded. He knows the unreality  of the dream-world.  BUT I DO NOT, so God works with me mentally, in the place ~ the thought ~ that seems to be my reality.

In my insanity I think I am a body living in a universe of other bodies and things. This false identification makes me bound to misuse and misunderstand everything.  The goals I set in the dream-world have nothing to do with my own best interests because a body is not who I am.  "Bodies" and "the world" are not Real so any goals I set, "good" or "bad," are goals for nothingness.  Am I willing to recognize this?  I do not know what anything is for in this world.  Am I willing to admit this.  Yet, even in this world I recognize "purpose." I do not understand it, but I can recognize it. I believe a cell phone/computer is used for communicating.

The idea for today is a step in the direction of giving up the thought, that I know what is in my best interests....giving up the thought that I know anything Valuable at all.

Six times today, for a few minutes each time, repeat this idea to myself.  Glance around at the "world."  Whatever happens to catch my eye near or far, "important" or "unimportant," "human" or "nonhuman," let my eyes rest on chosen subjects and repeat today's idea.  Then move on to the next subject.  "I do not know what this chair is for;" "I do not know what this pen is for;" "I do not know what this hand is for."

The world and the bodies I think exist, do not exist at all.  I am going through "motions" and "actions" only in my mind ~ my thought~ and that thought seems to be projected outside me.  Truth asks me to question this "reality."

ACIM is a self-study Course.  No one forces me it upon me.  No one preaches to me. No one makes demands.  I can pick it up or put it down.  I can think about it, or go to a movie and forget about it altogether.  But IF I want Peace, Happiness, Joy, and Serenity, I might consider its ideas and suggestions.  I might practice the exercises.  I can be Happy, or I can be filled with guilt and sorrow.  It seems the choice is beyond me, imposed by forces outside of me.  What ACIM is telling me is that IT IS ALL IN MY MIND.  Heaven Awakens me slowly and Gently.

There are many roads that lead Home.  ACIM promises to get me there faster.



No comments:

Post a Comment