Wisconsin, USA

Friday, November 9, 2012

Lesson 16 ~ My thoughts determine my reality

I think it is my actions which effect the world around me, but that is false.  The "world" and "bodies" are illusions.  The only Reality is thought.  Everything I seem to see is a result of my thoughts.  There is no exception to this fact.  Thoughts are never big or little, powerful or weak; they are merely True or false. Thoughts that are True manifest Truth, thoughts that are false manifest falseness.  The thoughts I think in the world of illusions are not even my True Thoughts.  Heaven will teach me to think again with God.

There are no "idle thoughts."  What gives rise to the perception of a whole universe can hardly be called "idle."  EVERY thought I have contributes to Truth or illusion.  It either extends Truth, or it multiplies illusions.  I can indeed multiply illusions in my mind.  That does not make them Real, but I can imagine them to be "real" for me. I can and AM dreaming of a whole separate "reality."

Recognize and remember........my thoughts are never idle.  My salvation from this dream requires that I recognize that EVERY thought brings me either Peace or war, Love or fear.  A neutral thought is impossible.

Four or five times today, with eyes closed, search my mind for thoughts.  Every thought that occurs to me is a suitable subject for applying today's idea.  Take each chosen thought, one at a time and tell myself, "This thought about _____ either extends Truth, or multiplies illusions.  There are no thoughts that do not affect my reality."   

These exercises should be effortless and without strain.

No comments:

Post a Comment