Wisconsin, USA

Monday, November 26, 2012

Lesson 29 ~ God is in everything I see

Nothing is as it appears to me now.  I do not truly "see" anything Real.  True Sight has nothing to do with the body's eyes.  The body does not exist; "eyes" do not exist. What I am "seeing" is a projection of my mind.  I can learn to replace all that I seem to "see" with Vision.

Todays idea is the foundation for Vision.  Certainly God is not in a table as I now see it.  Yet my mind shares the purpose of Reality.  Can I change any object or person in the world?  That does not matter. There is no "world;"  it exists only as a projection of my thought.  But yes, the "world" will appear to change as my thoughts change.

For instance, say I am in a movie theater.  Can I stop the death of the hero by running down to the screen and catching the bullet before it hits him?  No.  I would have to go back to the movie set.  My mind is like the set of the movie.  The movie playing on the screen is my "life" in the world of illusion.  It is fruitless to try to change the world, or run down to the screen to save the hero.  I can only change my mind about the world, and this is similar to going back to the movie set (the source of the movie).  Does this mean I should not try to alleviate suffering and poverty?  If suffering and poverty presents itself in my "life," then it is real for me at that moment and I can act accordingly, and practice the forgiveness lesson it offers me.  But I must ask for God's help because I may be tempted to anger, a sense of injustice, judgment, sorrow or hopelessness and these thoughts will keep me anchored to illusions.  

Nothing is "separate."  There is nothing outside me.  That is why nothing I "see" means anything.  Yet God instructs me in these daily lessons to replace what I "see" with His Vision.  He instructs me to use my apparent "reality" for His Own Purposes in order that I may Truly See.

Today, I begin to learn to look on all things with love, appreciation and open-mindedness.  It is my thoughts I must change, not the world.  Nothing is as it appears to me now.  God's Holy Purpose stands beyond my my little range of experience. When Vision has shown me the Holiness that Lights the "world," I will comprehend todays idea perfectly.  And I will not understand how I could have ever found it difficult!

Six times today, for a couple minutes each, begin with repeating the idea to myself. Then apply it randomly to subjects around me, naming each one specifically. "God is in this coat hanger;" "God is in this lamp;" God is in that body;" "God is in that trash bin;" "God is in that doggy-doo;" "God is in that cat litter box;" and so on.  Do not avoid anything that seems unpleasant.  Remember, I created the world of illusions and assigned it "pleasant" or "unpleasant," "sinful" or "holy" aspects, so I should choose subjects randomly.

At least once or twice, I may experience a sense of restfulness as I do this exercise.


No comments:

Post a Comment