Wisconsin, USA

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Lesson 27 ~ Above all else I want to see.

Today's idea expresses something stronger than mere determination.  It gives Vision priority among my desires.  I may hesitate in practicing this idea because I am not sure that I really mean it.  That does not matter.  Todays exercise will bring the time when the idea will True for me, a little nearer.

No sacrifice is being asked of me in my return to Reality.  I may believe I am being asked to give up my lovely home and garden, my marriage, my friends, my beautiful grandchildren, my successful career.  Yet the "people" and "things" that seem to bring me Joy, are already a part of me and are with me in a way that is not possible in the world of illusions.  Any "good" I experience in the world of illusion will always come to an end; my spouse dies, my friends move across country, my grandchildren grow up and move away, and I will eventually retire from my job.  The problem with any joy, happiness, or love I find in the world of illusions, is that it eventually ends. My Reality, however, is Neverending and Perfect Joy, Happiness, and Love.  Reality is all the "good" multiplied by a million, with NONE of the bad. In addition, since there is nothing outside me and my Reality is within, the good that seems to be "outside" is only a symbol of a Greater Good inside.  Everything "outside" is a symbol of a thought in my mind.  A distorted thought at that, despite how wonderful it may appear.

The idea for today needs many repetitions for maximum benefit.  It should be used at least every half hour, more if possible.  If I am engaged in conversation, or otherwise occupied, I can still repeat one short idea to myself without disturbing anything or anyone.  I may miss several applications, perhaps a great number.  Do not be upset by this.  This is not a race, nor a contest. If only once today I feel that I was perfectly sincere with today's idea, I can be sure that I have saved myself many "years" of effort. Today, say to myself,  "Above all else, I want to See. Vision costs me nothing. It offers only Blessings."

My mind may not Awaken to any of the Course's ideas the first time I read them.  It may even take "years" to adjust my mind from illusions of the "world."  Yet, "time" exists only as a thought in my mind, and God can adjust "time" and "space."  I need not worry about how this will be accomplished; it will be accomplished.







No comments:

Post a Comment