Wisconsin, USA

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Lesson 15 ~ The world is an image I have made.

The world and the thoughts I think about the world are not Real.  The world is an image I have made.

This introductory idea to the process of "seeing" will not have much meaning for me yet.  Some of the thoughts I think seem to appear in "physical form," so I do not recognize them as nothing.  They seem very real for me. This is how "sight" was made. This is the function I have given to the body's eyes.  The "body's eyes" are nothing and do nothing. They cannot offer Vision.  They offer image-making, which takes the place of Vision.  They replace Vision with illusions.

For a minute or so, look around me.  Focus randomly on a subjects while I say, "the "world" is an image I have made; this _____ (table, chair, picture, pet, etc) is an image I have made."  Do this three or four times today.  My attempts should be effortless and calm.

(This lesson discusses unexpected "light episodes" that may occur.  I left this out because it appeals to ego. I should try to get away from ego. "Special-ness" hides Truth. Special "light episodes" would be the last thing I am looking for.  Keep only forgiveness, Peace, and Love foremost in my mind.)

No comments:

Post a Comment