Wisconsin, USA

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Lesson 21 ~ I am determined to See differently.

Specific, mind-searching periods are necessary.  I can apply this idea to specific situations as they arise.  Do five practice periods, a minute each.  Repeat the idea to myself.  Then close my eyes and search my mind for situations ~ past, present, anticipated ~ that arouse anger; from mild irritation to outright rage.  The degree of anger does not matter.  I will become increasingly aware that a slight twinge of annoyance is nothing but a veil drawn over intense fury.

Let even no "small" thought of anger escape me in the practice periods today. Remember, I do not easily recognize what arouses anger in me; and what I now think and believe about anything, means nothing.  My thinking is insane.

Say, "I am determined to See _____ (person, situation) differently."


No comments:

Post a Comment