Wisconsin, USA

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Lesson 339 ~ I receive whatever I request.

I do not want pain.  But that is exactly what I ask for when I dwell on thoughts of the world, or think I can find Happiness in the world of dreams. In the world of dreams, I am confused about what I want.  I think a see a variety of things that will bring me happiness:  a good job, a happy family, travel, an education, lots of money, a loving relationship with my parents, drugs/sex/rocknroll, etc.  When I dwell on and ask for things of the world, I am asking for things that will frighten me and bring me pain and suffering.  Anything "outside" me will bring me pain and suffering.  While I continue to seemingly exist in the world of dreams, I can use every person, situation or event as an opportunity for forgiveness.  I will replace thoughts of the world with the Thoughts of Truth I find in ACIM.  Father, to be a "self-made man" is my attempt to be my own god and create an experience apart from You.  I can do nothing apart from You.  Anything I do "apart from" You is only a fantasy and can never be Reality.  Today, I will do nothing by myself.  I will listen for Your Voice in everything I do; seeking only what You offer me and accepting only Thoughts of Truth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment