Wisconsin, USA

Friday, April 4, 2014

Lesson 328 ~ There is no will except the Father's.

What seems to be second place is first, in this world of dreams.  I strive to be autonomous and independent; a "self-made" man, so to speak.  I pride myself on "pulling myself up by my bootstraps" and making a life for myself.  I think I will gain salvation by being independent from the "evil" in the world; I stay away from "evil" and try to do only "good." Yet all I find is sickness, suffering, loss and death.  "Death" is my reward for a life well-lived; or at the very least it seems I must "die" to be able to experience my salvation and Heaven.  I seemingly created this world of separation, not God.  God does not will any of this madness for me.  I do not have a will "apart from" His.  I am not separate from God.  This "world" can be likened to a dream.  A dream of separation from God.  It is not, and can never be, my Reality.  All things I perceive in the world of dreams are upside down....until I listen to God's Voice.  To join with God's Will is to find my own.  Father, there is no will except for Yours.  I am glad that nothing I imagine about the world of dreams is Real.  It is Your Will that I be Safe and Eternally at Peace.  Through ACIM, I find my way back to You. 

No comments:

Post a Comment